Contracts disappear after interplanetary missions?

I have noticed three times now that suddenly all my active contracts disappear.

A common circumstance has been interplanetary missions, with multiple ships involved (one for the main planet and one for the moon). Also, a roundtrip among my science labs in orbit around the Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike (transferring the science). They do not show up as failed or canceled (I haven't canceled or failed a single contract either)

I run a completely unmodded and up-to date install via Steam, on a WWindows 8 laptop.

Edited by martinborgen

OK, bug was replicated, by the following steps: after launching a rover-base to Duna (without switching craft), I got the contract for a said base fulfilled. Then I proceeded to switch to my orbiting duna station, transmit the science that had built up. Switched to my orbiting Ike station, transmit science. Switched to Minmus station, transmit science. Switched to Mun station, realized I had no scientist there, no science to transmit, so I went back to space center. Checked out mission control, and no contracts - saved game and quit. I should not that after seing the contract fulfilled on the surface of duna, I never once hovered my mouse over the contracts tab in the UI. I run windows 8 64 bit.

KSP.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rO2rdIDe4cUTJLNkF3ZDhOaDg/view?usp=sharing

Output.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rO2rdIDe4cMGxpQzhiS21YNUU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by martinborgen

Hello.

I have a stranded kerbal on the Mun and I picked up few Mun related contracts.

Then I realized i have enough funds to upgrade my R&D to lvl 3, so I can unlock Graviolli detector to rack up some science for my LKO lab.

All things were good, but when I met with the one of the rescues I realized I have no contracts. The pod was still there and the kerbal was inside, but this happened :

2O1cJke.png

I am playing on Hard mode and trying to roleplay, so disappearance of contracts and more importantly - the list of completed and 1 canceled contract is GONE !

So there was a fire in the archives ?

But on the serious note - is there a way to fix that ?

It is Hard Career, so loading previous save is not an option.

Also this bug with part list (note the "experimental" color)

hYyCvE7.jpg

Also after saving the kerbals from the missing contracts and I stop tracking the pods they are still showing on my map, which is more than annoying for me.

Edited by Mapoko

• 9 months later...

This just happened to me, All my contracts are gone, and all of them are in the "Available" section again.  All my archives are empty as well.  Is there any easy way to edit a file and move missions from Available to Active?

1 hour ago, Hodari said:

Especially given that it's mostly happening during interplanetary missions, is it possible that you're just timewarping past the deadline for the contracts? 

No, in my case it had nothing to do with interplanetary missions.

I got a rocket into orbit and tried to click on "target" in orbit.  Instead it "Switched to".

I switched back asap and then I noticed all my contracts were gone.

I had some tourist contracts where they had to touch down on minmus and the moon that just became obsolete. 

I now have tourists in my possession that no longer are linked to any mission.

This happens to me, some times, when another bug happens too. Usually I am in system view and, suddenly, the  manuever nodes start running to infinite, or the view point starts behaving erratically, also running away to infinite. Whenever you notice strange things happening, just check your contracts, if they've been "cleaned" just don't svae the game and reload. If you already saved with empty contracts, go to last good game save, and copy the contract area, it is relatively easy to identify, and paste it on the current game file, ersing the new contract area. Takes a bit of time but it solves the problem. Never forget to keep multiple backup saves, of course.

I had the same problem a few months ago, and it was very much the same situation: orbits wonky, impossible to place nodes or get the "switch to" box to come up, at which point I double-clicked or triple-clicked a ship to switch to it. Next time I looked at the contracts, they were all gone.

All I can suggest is: always make backups. If you're playing on hard difficulty, just switch to your OS and make a duplicate of persistent.sfs from time to time. Especially if things start looking odd, pause and make a copy of persistent.sfs before quitting back to the space centre or switching ships.

Also, although I can't really say for certain that this was the cause of the problem, don't try to "force" a switch from one ship to another. If you can't get the box to show, go via the tracking station to be safe.

Oh and I too have a part listed as still being experimental. It hasn't adversely affected the game in the last few months though.

Edited by Plusck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.