Where do I start for Modding?

Well, I kinda want to try modding. Simple stuff, like my "Decaying Electrics" idea. Where batteries, like in real life, will slowly loose power storage capability with recharging and lower power amounts will offer slower reactions from powered devices (expanding solar panels, wheels, reaction wheels, etc). Maybe even nonchargeable batteries that will come first in the game and are cheap.

Anywhere I can look to find where to start? Is there such a place? What code is KSP? Am I even in the right part of the forum?

C# is the language used for KSP on top of unity engine

I would recommand you this =>link<=, it might help you at least a little to get into KSP modding

got owned by cybersol :sticktongue:

As cybersol mentionned, you'd better be asking over the general add-on DEV forum section

Edited by mielgato

And if you want to model parts, start with a free program like Blender 3D (some claim it is hard to learn but I never had a problem).

Worst part about Blender is the terrible UI. It's a cluttered mess where the majority of useful functions are unintuitive keyboard shortcuts. With that said, it's free and extremely powerful so I can let it slide.

So yeah, OP, for coding you'll want to look into Unity and C#. You're lucky since C# isn't actually too difficult to get a feel for unlike C++ which requires a lot more knowledge and time to figure out. Additionaly, Unity has got a massive userbase so you'll be able to find plenty of help for coding with it.

It think a mod like you are describing would be very cool! Might give RTG's even more use since you won't have to worry about them failing after a few years like you would with batteries. I wish you the best of luck!

Worst part about Blender is the terrible UI. It's a cluttered mess where the majority of useful functions are unintuitive keyboard shortcuts.

Best part about blender is that the majority of the most common functions are just a key-press away, in addition to your usual menus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.