[1.0.3] Contract Pack: RemoteTech LITE 1.0 (23/06/15)

KaiserSoze

ContractPack-RemoteTech LITE

contract Packs for Remote Tech valid for Mods (contract procedurally generated no matter number and name of bodies).

I use Remote Tech and contract configurator. Also I use Remote Tech contract Pack. But I also use some other mods that change the number of planets (like OPM) which causes some odd behavior with the contract packs.

SI have used the original contract pack as a base but in this pack all the data is dynamically generated using the data in your own install. So it will (should) work no matter the number and name of the planets and moons on your installations.

If you use stock probably the original contract pack is better since it has customized data for each planet/moon. But if you have changed your solar system this will create mission based on your planet names and size.

It may still need some testing regarding the rewards and I'm still thinking about adding some mission for a complete system (like the Jool system in only one contract) but I hope it works fine.

DOWNLOAD

• Have a network relay on homeworld: Requires 3-4 satellites
  • Have a satellite pointed at (any) moon.
  • Have a network relay on (any) moon.
  • Have a satellite pointed at another planet.
  • Have a satellite pointed at the m oon of another planet
  • Have a network relay on another planet.
  • Have a network relay on the moon of another planet

• Doesn't start offering relays until a homeworld relay is launched (not necessary to have been done under a contract)
  • Doesn't start offering relays until that body is already pointed by a dish (not necessary to have been done under a contract)
  • Doesn't start pointing moons until their parent planet is pointed (not necessary to have been done under a contract)
  • Doesn't start offering relays networks on moons until their parent is covered by a relay network (not necessary to have been done under a contract)
  • Doesn't start offering contracts for another planets until Long Dishes have been discovered.
  • Doesn't start to offer contract to planet number 6 (Jool in stock) until gigadish are discovered

1.1 Updated minimum coverage and version number

1.0 Initial version

Assumptions:

• It assumes that homeworld is a planet (not a moon).

Mods Requierements:

LICENSE: CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

Credit:

Edited by KaiserSoze
updated version and title

Hello Kaiser, thanks for this RT2 contract mod. I'm currently using the RemoteTech contract pack for the Contract Configuration mod. I use OPM also. So if I am to understand correctly, I should use your ContractPack-RemoteTech LITE, OR RemoteTech contract pack, but not both at the same time? Correct?

Yep, thats the idea.

However it will not break anything if you use both (on my tests). Also you will never receive more than 3 contracts in total of both (in order to not saturate you). But if you keep the old one you will receive contract for eelo as it was still a planet.

I have plans for a better use of the original one because with LITE there are 2 thing that are lost right now.

- There are no contracts for a whole planetary system (I think I knwo how to do it, but not sure I want to have contract for a whole planetary system).

- Text are VERY generic. I have plans to have some texts to be used if the planet/moon selected is known (by me at least). Once I have it it will use the specific text if its a know (or important) celestial body, and use a generic one if not.

Latest version of contract configurator allows to do both things, so I may decide to do it later on.

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Perry Apsis said:

Hi, @KaiserSoze. I wanted to try your mod, but CKAN is still looking for it on Kerbalstuff. I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread or have any wish to maintain the mod, but spacedock.info seems to be working out pretty well.

I could upload ir again if you want, but I thought it became useless. At least for me. My main pupouse was to have remote tech contract with OPM (with all the new planets).

As far as I know, the original Remote Tech contract Pack (

My suggestion is try that one and if you still lack something ask me or the original author ( @nightingale  ), who os also the author of the contract configurator).

Edited by KaiserSoze

2 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

I could upload ir again if you want, but I thought it became useless. At least for me. My main pupouse was to have remote tech contract with OPM (with all the new planets).

As far as I know, the original Remote Tech contract Pack (

My suggestion is try that one and if you still lack something ask me or the original author ( @nightingale  ), who os also the author of the contract configurator).

Yup, sometime after @KaiserSoze put his contract pack together I changed my original one to support planets dynamically (eg. OPM etc.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.