resource storage tanks?

Goatgas

I see several small tanks for kerbonite, and one for ore(also small) what about minerals, substrate, water etc. Or is there a Mod I have to use. also what use is Karborundium for? I don't see a use for it.

Since you're not stating anything about your situation, I'm going to blindly guess: you have installed something that includes the Community Resource Pack, and you have investigated the various resources it adds.

The CRP is mostly a tool for modders. It standardizes certain resource definitions, so that when three different mods all get the idea to implement the same resource, they will all be automatically compatible with one another. Beyond that, CRP does nothing. It does not add any parts, it does not let you mine these resources. It's just a reference.

If you want to use these resources, you need to install mods that do stuff with them. For example, Karborundum is implemented by the "Karbonite Plus" mod, while Minerals, Substrate and Water are implemented by "USI Colonization System". There might also be other mods that implement them too - that's the whole point of the CRP.

You can implement any resources you want into the game right now if you wanted. But to make them have functions outside of what the game will allow [use in engines, required for a part to be active, conversions [resource output], ect], you would need an exterior plugin. I've already made pressurized air and liquid hydrogen, for example.

I already have USI colonization system and karbonite plus, what I'm asking is what containers are used to transport water and other resources that aren't consumed or converted immediately. example... if I mine substrate what container does it go in? How do I transport it to a space station to transfer it to a green house? I see no containers to do this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.