Helwyr Replica Starships LTD (accepting Requests!)

What Order for Release II  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Order for Release II

• Slave 1
    • Farscape 1
    • XR2 Orbiter Ravenstar
    • Star Wars Arc 170
    • BSG Viper
    • Star Destroyer
    • Super Star Destroyer
    • Death Star
    • Airies 1B earth-moon shuttle

So, having tested out the Jumper, it needs two propulsion modes.

Specifically, hover/translation, and then normal forward propulsion.

I know, I've been messing around with the repulsors from kerbal foundries for the hover mode.

I think that the rcs is powerful enough for the translation and just bareley enough for the hover.

I'm going to experiment with a different type of hover propulsion.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright This is the list of problems i have so far been informed of.

:Scout Courier needs .rcs .new texture .and node-collider ajustment

:Type 6 Shuttlecraft you cant re enter the hatch must fix

: Puddle Jumper needs a hover mode I dont think that will be part of this release.

I will try to take care of these problems and do a full release In about 5-6 hours :)

BTW, Aries is typoed in the poll.

So cool:

aries_1b_translunar_shuttle_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d6ywb9l.jpg

My only suggestion would be to break thinks into a few parts, particularly for ships of a manageable size like this one. RCS cone as a single part (notice the 5 nozzle "flush" elements as well, though). Engine block as a part, and the gear pods. Diameter is 12.92m… what is verbal scale, 60%? That would be 7.132m.

The poll for release II is up, the ship with the most will be finished first the, least will be finished last, the ones without votes will be left out of the release.

Any requests after this post will be saved for Release III :)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, Aries is typoed in the poll.

So cool:

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/358/8/9/aries_1b_translunar_shuttle_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d6ywb9l.jpg

My only suggestion would be to break thinks into a few parts, particularly for ships of a manageable size like this one. RCS cone as a single part (notice the 5 nozzle "flush" elements as well, though). Engine block as a part, and the gear pods. Diameter is 12.92m… what is verbal scale, 60%? That would be 7.132m.

I noticed after i posted it, and now i cant seem to change it?

So I took the Jumper to Duna.

It hates to land, like it has way more aerodynamic lift than it should, given that it's shaped like a brick.

Conversely it has obscene amounts of drag at low altitudes.

But other than that, it allows one to travel in style.

http://imgur.com/a/zSzHA

Sounds a bit tempermental :)

Feel free to mess with the config file to fix any imbalance in it :)

If you find a good balance pm me the config and i'll add it to the next release.

Nice duna shots,

Feel free to mess with the config file to fix any imbalance in it

From looking at the config I'm gonna try adding more mass and ease up on the RW torque values a little

Nice duna shots

Yeah, I figured that arctic crater would make the scenery a bit more interesting

I just tried to import a death star model I made, into unity and it repeatedly crashed my graphics processor. The model was 141MB...

I think there were to many greebles in the trench :(

I'm going to have to go back and redo the suface, i'll probably leave the surface smooth and only put the greebles in the trench in reduced numbers.

So I upped the mass to 20 and brought the RW torque down to 300, and the Jumper handles less like a gigantic block of styrofoam now.

It only pulls 2 Gs in forward acceleration now instead of 4, but that's still plenty.

So I upped the mass to 20 and brought the RW torque down to 300, and the Jumper handles less like a gigantic block of styrofoam now.

It only pulls 2 Gs in forward acceleration now instead of 4, but that's still plenty.

I was messing around with the mass and lift on a enterprise model and ended up with a object that would float around forever.

It would get close to the ground and then fly up another 300m and slowly float back down :)

It would get close to the ground and then fly up another 300m and slowly float back down

Yeah, that's what the jumper was like at first, now it's more reasonable.

Also on the Jumper wish list, an openable rear door for science stuff and entry/exit

Yeah, that's what the jumper was like at first, now it's more reasonable.

Also on the Jumper wish list, an openable rear door for science stuff and entry/exit

I'll consider it, maybe in a future update.

Once again I'm horrible at animations :(

Final tally of votes.

Death Star :5 votes

Aries 1B :4 votes

Super Star Destroyer :4 votes

Star Destroyer :3 votes

BSG Viper :3 votes

Arc 170 :3 votes

Slave 1 :2 votes

XR 2 Orbiter :2 votes

I'll put together some stuff over the next couple of days :)

Guys.....

I'm sorry but due to circumstances beyond my control I'm forced to halt development on this mod for a while Sorry.

I dont know when I will be able to pick it up again. maybe in a few weeks or a couple months.

Sorry to let you guys down but it cant be helped. I wanted to see this through but I cant for now.

I will continue to work on models for the suggested ships as often as I can I will try to keep you informed but I wont be very active in the forums for some time. Here is a list of the ships I will try to work on in my spare time.

BSG Viper

Death Star

Star Destroyer

Super Star Destroyer

Slave 1

SSV Normandy

Normandy SR2

Mothership Zeta

For all the people who were looking forward to the Aries 1B I,m sorry. But You should look here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107803-WIP-Aries-1B-from-2001-A-Space-Odyssey I'm so Sorry guys Hopefully I can get back to this I enjoyed it :)

Goodbye :(

​Admiral Helwyr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have the mod for KSP 1.0.2 and I have attached a mech Jeb unit to a couple of the ships but when I go to KSC then back to them it's like they have super sensitive torque and one tap of a button makes them flip out. Also when I activate either Rcs or SAS the ship starts spinning out of control. And when I try to eject the Kerbals it says hatch is obstructed. Please help

Hi I have the mod for KSP 1.0.2 and I have attached a mech Jeb unit to a couple of the ships but when I go to KSC then back to them it's like they have super sensitive torque and one tap of a button makes them flip out. Also when I activate either Rcs or SAS the ship starts spinning out of control. And when I try to eject the Kerbals it says hatch is obstructed. Please help

I've never tested it with mechjeb.

What ship are you using? the ships usually have very strong reaction wheels due to the high mass.

As for the hatch thing I thought I put hatches on all of them?

Update On Status

Have to go back to Colorado to do some work on the house to sell it,will be leaving in about a week.

dont know if we'll have internet there.

I'll try to put something together before then :)

Edited by Admiral-Helwyr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.