Is my copy of the game blessed?

TotalNewb

Very often I hear people saying that KSP crashes on them or runs out of memory. I've been playing since 0.17 and the game only crashed once, when I used hyperedit to teleport my ship to a 99999999999999999999m orbit. Does KSP really crash a lot?

How many mods you have installed? Usually its fine and dandy while you stick to small utilities - but try to add one or two huge part packs, or a visual mod with all the bells and whistles. You will see the stability going to Eve (read: Hell) posthaste.

As far as mods go, I only really use KER. I think KSP is very stable in its natural form and I congratulate the developers in this respect.

Since 1.0.2 came out I have not had a single major problem and no game crashes. It's pretty great :)

I'm running with just a handful of mods (MJ, KAC, quick-scroll, Claw's stock bug fixes and TemperatureGaugeKiller) and 1.0.2 is very stable. I've only had a handful of crashes so far (and I've been playing quite a lot).

BUT, it's FPS performance is not as good as past versions (by which I'm meaning pre 0.90.0). Part-count seems to be more of an issue and I'm getting very annoying periodical freezes (every 10-20 seconds there is a split second freeze in the display).

Your copy is not blessed by the Magic Boulder or the Kraken. I also have only gotten crashes with heavily modded installs and my copy of 1.0.0. The modded installs have crashed 2-3 times because of too many (part) mods, and my 1.0.0 install has crashed about the same number of times, except when you wouldn't expect it to overload.

Edited by RAINCRAFTER

Obviously there will be more threads about game crashing than not since people usually don't come to ask for help with stuff that works.

My crashes usually happen when ragdolling to the ground. Playing in atmosphere does that too but there's a fix for that (temp gauges).

Yeah same here OP, I had a memory-related launch issue back in .18.

Funny how "bug-fixes" were the #1 overall fan demand of 1.0 and yet everyone points to mods when pressed for specifics. I hope people understand that perplexed posts like this stem directly from the poisonous forum atmosphere they have cultivated.

Edited by aazah

I have:

B9 (only the huge butt sci-fi parts)
BD Armory
Chatterer
Civilian Management
Extraplanetary Launchpads + some additional parts
GlowStrips
KAS/KIS
Kerbal Flight Data
GN Drive
LackLusterLabs
MechJeb2
QuickScroll/QuickSearch
SCANsat
ScienceAlert
Stage Recovery
Kerbal Alarm Clock
TweakScale
USI Warp Drive/USI Life Support

How unstable should that list be? Because I don't think my KSP has died even once on this installation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.