Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

I just completed glowing oceans in Scaled Space for my planet:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I still need to do the shaders for the ocean PQS though. I'm going to be using a custom PQSMod for the emissive effect in conjunction with the OceanFX mod, instead of the patchy, ugly system I used in NewKerbol for laythe.

I also completed the colormap for the planet, although it still needs its rings and the large crater in the northern hemisphere. The moon in the image is a clone of Phoop I used to test retrograde orbits, which do work btw.

I think I made the most capable spacecraft in KSP with only using KJR and MechJeb for informational readouts and extremely long burns (the longest burn was 18 minutes!).

I made it to HD101 with plenty of fuel to spare, but the Ion engine I was using mysteriously disappeared.

Hey guys, I just remembered: can we adjust the amount of power HD101 gives off - when I right clicked on the solar panels to check the amount of energy I receive from HD101 I get some really high number near the 100's in terms of energy flow.

Is there any way to fix that?

Yes, just add a node called SolarPowerCurve to your star's config file. There's an example here: https://github.com/BryceSchroeder/Kopernicus/blob/master/Distribution/KopernicusExamples/Nemesis/Nemesis.cfg#L91

You probably don't need so many keys though. I think you can get the stock power curve from any solar panel's part config.

I've been messing around with creating the Yof-Sawob binary system without the Binary config (Sawob orbits Yof).

Anyway, do you have any ideas for the rest of the system (I've also been working on some of Kinern's moons and I'll probably get around to making another star for later... K1407 and K1407b (the system with the MASSIVE rings here's the scale of the rings).

Anyway, I've got some more textures for Kinern's moons and two textures to choose from for K1407b.

Ok, I've got K1407 and K1407b done (the rings are absolutely massive!), but I haven't gotten to the moons of K1407 and I just added one moon to Kinern - more moons to come soon guys.

I will put up the new download tomorrow.

Now, Mr.HappyFace, I downloaded the New Kerbol mod just to look at the structuring and it seems that the textures are amazing, however, I have noticed that you have taken it out of your signature - are you going to continue with the development of New Kerbol?

Also, how's the fixing of Tyrok going; any news?

amarius1, Thomas P might be able to help with fixing this problem - here's the post: Tyrok fix?

Hopefully if we do what he says Tyrok will work again, but I would highly suggest that you look back at the 18th page as well (that would be where I asked for help).

Alright Guys, I asked MatoroIgnika to review the Exoplanets part of the pack and he might do just that tomorrow, July 7th, at 2pm CST or 3pm EST.

I also asked him if he wanted to suggest any planets and he hasn't come up with any at the moment, so when and if he does, we shall try our hardest to copy what he was describing (we haven't forgotten about the desert planet with the canyon that has some lakes, rivers and islands in it (as well as some grassy areas).

Alright Guys, I asked MatoroIgnika to review the Exoplanets part of the pack and he might do just that tomorrow, July 7th, at 2pm CST or 3pm EST.

I also asked him if he wanted to suggest any planets and he hasn't come up with any at the moment, so when and if he does, we shall try our hardest to copy what he was describing (we haven't forgotten about the desert planet with the canyon that has some lakes, rivers and islands in it (as well as some grassy areas).

Something like Dune/Arrakis? It will be marvelous!

I've been messing around with creating the Yof-Sawob binary system without the Binary config (Sawob orbits Yof).

Anyway, do you have any ideas for the rest of the system (I've also been working on some of Kinern's moons and I'll probably get around to making another star for later... K1407 and K1407b (the system with the MASSIVE rings here's the scale of the rings).

Anyway, I've got some more textures for Kinern's moons and two textures to choose from for K1407b.

The planet with the steroid rings alone makes me wanna get this mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.