Civilization

The population of the entire Kerbol star system is limited to the staff of KSP. No lifeforms of any kind (except grass) on Kerbin or any other planets. Recruits magically appear from... ...somewhere. But that's it. A few ruins and artifacts here and there suggesting past activity, but no active civilization outside of the space center. It would be nice to see some "NPC" kerbals, some animals, even some vegetation.

Interesting ... but the squad not want to put alien civilizations (this was very funny, what kerbals are!). At most more types of vegetation!

I wasn't even suggesting aliens - just some form of Kerbal civilization. Not that I would be opposed to other intelligent species, though. Kerbin just seems so empty, and when you consider how much civilization it takes to support a space program, it seems even more incongruous.

I would enjoy seeing some more civilization. Maybe give some locations to visit, just something to see from the sky when flying overhead. I mean, I follow the ideology that Kerbals are descended from plants, so it makes sense that a species that can photosynthesize should live aboveground.

Something I suggested in another thread is that tourists and VIPs could have optional objectives added to their contracts, giving extra rewards if you deliver them to a particular Kerbal city and not just recovering them in any old place. This would give the player an incentive to make precision landings on tourist flights, even if the cost of the capsule isn't big enough to warrant the effort.

They are an underground dwelling sentient mold (that's why they *poof* when they hit the ground too hard).

I also used to think they all followed the will of their giant slug-like queen, who lives in an underground cathedral worshiping the distant planets. As her will was for them to explore space, that's what they did.

I belive that the devs said somewhere that it was their personal headcannon that all the debris from the space program forced the kerbals to move underground.

Oh really? Interesting!

But that just begs the question... Why is there no debris when you start a new game... :confused: It must be towards the start of the Kerbals going into space for the first time because they start with scavenged junk parts! And let's not forget... Some were found "lying beside the road!" Aha!

If there would be cities added I would like to see low-poly buildings, just to save RAM and FPS. Doesn't even have to be animated or destructible. Just streets and buildings would be enough for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.