What do I do next?

I'm new to this game since 1.0 and I'm kinda lost on what to do next. I've been playing Career Mode and have been to the Mun and Minmus and gathered almost all Science there (few spots not visited). Placed satalites in orbit and saved some Kerbals along the way.

So my question is: What do I do now to get the most efficienty out of my game. Do I build a spacestation? Or do I visit Duna and its moon Ike, if so do I send a satalite first to gather all the science from outer space with scans or just a manned mission?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Edited by Delta_scientist

I'm pretty much at that point as well.

Obvious goal from the quests (errr, mission) seems to go to Duna, or start building station. I think either are a fine challenge, and by that point, you should definately have all the research you need to complete both.

do the station first. if you wanna spacecraft that can go interplanetary,ya need to refuel.

choose Duna or Ike or Eve (WARNING: landing on Eve is a one way trip. gravity there make it impossible to leave)

i prefer to go to gilly and Eve.do Low and High orbit science stuff to get more science.(dont transmit it(if you want less science in your bucket))

oh yeah gilly. Low n' High orbit science and land.(use RCS cause the gravity is so low there)

Fun fact about gilly. Its a captured gigantic asteroid

Youre welcome

What Enkiel said - either space stations or going interplanetary are good challenges at this point.

Sending probes to Duna, Ike, Eve and Gilly should get you some science (if you still need it) and are a lot easier to work with than kerballed vessels, since they're much lighter and you don't have to recover them. If you can send a kerballed flight to the Mun or Minmus, you should be able to build something with enough delta-V to get to Duna or Eve.

Building a space station means mastering rendezvous and docking which are good skills to have for planning more elaborate missions!

If you have not completed the tech tree in total, I might suggest sending up an orbital station with an MPL, and a ground research station each on the surface of Mun and Minmus. Filling each with data should be relatively simple - the orbital station can collect from LKO, HKO, then high munar orbit. On Mun or Minmus, data from a single biome is more than enough to fill the data stores. After that, transferring to another system will net you a rather large chunk of science in the background.

Also, setting up a large orbital base around Minmus with supporting ground mining operations can be helpful. Due to the low gravity, it's a choice spot for assembling and fueling large interplanetary ventures. The cost savings from sending up only partially fueled vessels adds up fairly quickly. Also, good practice for setting up similar operations on Gilly, Ike, and beyond.

You can get an awful lot of science from:

A probe that just peeks out of Kerbin's SOI and comes right back, recovering science "high above the sun."

Or dropping parachuted probes to transmit science from the surfaces of Eve and Duna. The nice thing about these missions is that the atmosphere and chutes do the braking for you, eliminating the need for expending much dV at the destination.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.