How do you feel about current KSP?

11of10

Are you satisfied with the current version of the game?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the current version of the game?

• Yes, KSP is good, whiners should be sent to mine irridium in the mines on Eve!
    • No, this game is incomplete, how dare they give us this rubbish! Shoot them with frying pans!

So, are you in the satisfied or unsatisfied group?

If you're going to comment and discuss this topic, please do so in an orderly fashion, and check any wild emotions at the door.

The poll is anonymous.

Edited by 11of10

The game is not a worthy v1.0 release. I'll say that much.

However, I've put hundreds of hours into it and I love the game a great deal.

So I guess time and additional content patches will tell us if this game is truly meant to be epic or not :)

Edited by OddFunction

The game is unfinished. The game is not rubbish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The game has a bunch of bugs, holes, questionable balance, etc. On the flip side, the game is in a pretty good state right now sans the debacle that was 1.0. 1.0 should not have been 1.0. I said that when Squad announced it, I stand by that determination, and I think it was sufficiently flopped that it came true. Conversely, I see this game becoming very much complete by 1.2. Right now I think its too much of a mess to be regarded as a finished game (Squad did shoot themselves in the foot here) but as someone who's been playing since 0.20.2, I am very much enjoying the game's state for the most part right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how I feel about KSP, but I'm kind of feeling lately like Squad and the community need to enroll in a Nonviolent Communication program. Who's got the puppets?

With the 1.0 release, they basically said "We're going to let you judge this game as a finished product instead of a WIP." They had that coming. Honestly I think we all need to be brought back to earth every once in a while and I'm hoping that 1.0 turning out the way it did is taken in stride but not sugar coated when they turn around and look at it.

I do agree that this should not have been released as 1.0. They should have given a 1.0 beta out, and gotten as many bugs as possible worked out before full release. Looking at recent steam reviews, it seems satisfaction with the state of the game may have dropped from around 98% to the low 90s, because people who waited for the full release weren't happy with the bugs, and that's always what is said in the negative reviews.

That being said, even with the oddities, I love this game.

I do agree that this should not have been released as 1.0. They should have given a 1.0 beta out, and gotten as many bugs as possible worked out before full release. Looking at recent steam reviews, it seems satisfaction with the state of the game may have dropped from around 98% to the low 90s, because people who waited for the full release weren't happy with the bugs, and that's always what is said in the negative reviews.

That being said, even with the oddities, I love this game.

The Kommunity called for another beta since 1.0 was announced.

Regarding the black/white nature of the poll, I was just curious how much of us are happy with the game as it is, and how much of us are angry about it, or feeling robbed.

I've seen some posts that seem on the edge of hostility to me, so that inspired me.

Hopefully, everyone will not be throwing tantrums regarding the bugs (what bugs? the game runs mostly fine for me)...

Love KSP, don't love the way it was rushed to 1.0. I wouldn’t call it rubbish though.

I think people are justifiably unhappy. Just about everyone could foresee the problems that came with 1.0+, but the devs rushed into it headlong anyway.

Edited by GusTurbo

Like many others have said, KSP is an awesome game, but it's not ready to be called 1.0 yet. I'd put it at 0.27.2 right now. It still needs a lot of polishing, balancing, and just plain finishing (especially career).

We tried to stop it, we really did, but oh well. No going back now.

I think by the time Squad told us about it, the decision had already been more or less set in stone and nothing we could have said would have really changed anything (I guess they did extend the experimentals period by two weeks, I shudder to think of the bugs that would have made it through on top of what we've had to deal with already for 1.0). We still needed to say something though, we don't want Squad getting any ideas that we approve of shoddy development practices.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

I love this game immensely. It has only gotten better in 1.0

I will agree that it was not ready to be called a v1.0, but the game is still absolutely great.

I can't help but feel like the naysayers of KSP are almost entirely made up of the group that cant figure out how to use tail fins, SAS, or general fuel-and-thrust-gimbal balance on their rockets.

1) Tweaking the atmosphere so very suddenly (and therefore making -every- addon craft for this program instantly invalid) was a bad idea.

2) Not checking the physics on every part interacting with every -other- part is a bad idea--and terribly poor Q.A. Unless the bugs are written up already by the test team (They usually are) and people higher up on the chain who don't know anything about how games are -played- decided to release. Not Q.A.'s fault then. It usually isn't.

3) The game is -so very close- so what it should be, and the niggling issues with it make it so frustrating to play. It's one thing if you're paying a test team to endure this. It's another if you expect paying customers to: Especially after releasing a 1.0.

Make your sandbox stable, then go from there, please.

I love this game immensely. It has only gotten better in 1.0

I will agree that it was not ready to be called a v1.0, but the game is still absolutely great.

I can't help but feel like the naysayers of KSP are almost entirely made up of the group that cant figure out how to use tail fins, SAS, or general fuel-and-thrust-gimbal balance on their rockets.

Those are the ones complaining about the new aero system and that nothing flies anymore. That is not my issue in the least, the new aero system is much better than before (though some of the parts still need to be balanced properly for it).

I take issue with the fact that so much of the game still feels clunky, unbalanced and unpolished. As for the new features of 1.0, I'm paraphrasing what another forum member said (don't remember where or I would directly quote it):

For 1.0, Squad took several popular mods and integrated them poorly.

At least Kerbal Clamber is a useful new feature that hadn't been addressed by mods already.

1.0.3 should have been the true 1.0 that got all the hype.* 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 should have been 1.0 RC1, RC2, RC3, respectively.

In other words, I agree with many that it was at least a little bit rushed out the door.

Aside from that, KSP since v0.25 has felt quite well-polished even when compared to some AAA titles (looking at you, Battlefield 4 0-day "can't even run the game" crashes).

For an indie game developer, it's fantastic, but not without it's own share of bugs and possible areas for improvement.

Of course, no program of this size is ever free of bugs, and even rocket software isn't immune to bugs (Ariane 5 first launch, anyone?).

Expecting anything to be perfect just because it's "Version 1.0" is just silly.

* As long as the temperature gauge memory leak has been well and truly smashed, and aerodynamics is balanced so that heatshields are at least needed for reentry from Mun, Minmus, or beyond. Oh, and so long as the LV-N "Nerv" doesn't self-destruct at 100% throttle (unless you use tons of fins). Those are the real "show-stopper" bugs that I know of, and two of them are balancing, not "bugs" per se.

[noparse]TL:DR[/noparse] = Count me as another one of the "this poll needs at least one more option" group.

1.0.3 should have been the true 1.0

still disagree, unless 1.0.3 is improving the games bland sound design, replacing the remaining low res textures from WAY old versions, improving the games general lack of graphical polish, and all that number stuff like Dv alot of people want in the stock game.

That and whatever stuff Maxmaps said they are leaving for 1.1 in this post

Edit: oh, and GP2. If the game is really at its limit as far as planets go(as they have said once), I would hope U5 improves that and lets them add GP2.

Edited by r4pt0r

Edit: oh, and GP2. If the game is really at its limit as far as planets go(as they have said once), I would hope U5 improves that and lets them add GP2.

This is bullcrap. The game is most definitely not at its limit for planets. OPM's surprisingly small (almost laughably so) memory footprint is proof enough of that. Give us GP2 Squad!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.