Good Free to play games non pay to win?

Cloakedwand72

Gotta shamelessly plug Planetside 2. There's nothing out there that does what it does (and if it tries, it doesnt do it well). While it has plenty of downsides, it's managed to pull me back for almost 550 hours combat time.

I ended up quitting robocraft because the devs are trying to push it as a MOBA/E-sports game even though because of the way it works, the Esports scene won't ever pick it up. That and they refuse to address the glaring balance problem that is the SMGs, so take that for what you will.

Edited by Captain Sierra

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft? If you're interested in trading card games. Well, I dunno if some people like trading card games at all, but this is the only one I'll recommend, since you don't like MOBA, I could have suggested Heroes of the Storm or Robocraft.

Well, whatever you choose, anyway.

Mech Warrior Online is getting better and better I hear!

It used to be quite unbalanced, but that's practically over now.

Most of the things you can pay for are obtainable for free as well, the other things are vanity stuff or experience-boosters. None are game-breaking.

DDO.

Basic quest areas are free, and there is a lot of them.

Most things you need to buy from store is new quest areas.

One thing you definitely need to buy, and it's smells like Pay-to-Win is Epic Destinies unlock, but you only need it at level 20 of total 28, and leveling up is sloooow.

Premium currency are given for free for any faction reputation gains, and, you can, theoretically, buy new areas, farm reputation here, repeat.

Warning: This is not modern Click-To-Win MMO, you need to THINK there.

I play War Thunder.

Doesn't have the silly 'gold ammo' issues and excessively hostile community of World of Tanks, much better 3D engine and absurd fun blasting things across the map once you learned to keep hull down, front towards enemy and don't do silly things after a hundred hours learning from the University of Hard Knocks.

Multiplayer gameplay is quite interesting in Realistic and Simulator modes - target spotting is manual so cover, concealment and knowledge of rangefinding and optics is crucial to hit anything beyond spitting range.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.