Star Wars parts / Terran's other projects

TerranCmdr

Yup, that\'s right, I\'m making Star Wars parts.

Just finished my stock TIE fighter, and have the cockpit ingame. Next I\'ll put the rest of it ingame, make sure it\'s all working, then try my best to texture everything. (I suck)

Anyway, check out the ugly!

screenshot6.png

Here\'s the full mesh:

tietest13.jpg

tietest12.jpg

Progress: in-game and flying. (horribly)

On to the engine next, then back to modeling to make some more interesting wings!

screenshot18.png

Also, I\'m having a bit of an issue... I can\'t connect the wing struts directly onto the cockpit, however when I attach them to a fuel tank, then move them, they will attach to the cockpit. Any ideas?

Also, I\'m having a bit of an issue... I can\'t connect the wing struts directly onto the cockpit, however when I attach them to a fuel tank, then move them, they will attach to the cockpit. Any ideas?

Wh-what ? Not sure I\'ve understood...

How will it land ? VTOL, or resistant wings like the 'real' one ?

I remember someone did X-wing wings... hehehe...this + Death Star mod + particle cannon = THE EMPIRE 8)

Eh, hadn\'t really thought about landing. ;P

Right now I\'m just surprised it will fly.

I might try those... port things that come with the stock .15. Haven\'t tried them yet, but someone said they were like VTOL.

My plan is just to put it on top of a rocket and get it to space. :D

Anyway when/if I get to rebel craft, I should have retractable landing gear for those at least.

Also I\'ll try to post a vid later of the problem I\'m having.

Eh, hadn\'t really thought about landing. ;P

Right now I\'m just surprised it will fly.

I might try those... port things that come with the stock .15. Haven\'t tried them yet, but someone said they were like VTOL.

My plan is just to put it on top of a rocket and get it to space. :D

Anyway when/if I get to rebel craft, I should have retractable landing gear for those at least.

Also I\'ll try to post a vid later of the problem I\'m having.

VTOL ??? Those are mass effect cores in hidden mesh ! :

screenshot32.png

• 2 weeks later...

They are 'wing' type in the cfg file, so technically yes. Still, flies like a brick. I\'ll make a video of it flying soon.

In the future I might modify the wings to act as solar panels, and not generate lift, as this is supposed to be a spacecraft anyway.

They are 'wing' type in the cfg file, so technically yes. Still, flies like a brick. I\'ll make a video of it flying soon.

In the future I might modify the wings to act as solar panels, and not generate lift, as this is supposed to be a spacecraft anyway.

Try to make any real wings anywhere on the fighter, and put an invisible texture on them.

That wouldn\'t be fun now, would it? :P

I got the engine in-game and working. Nothing too spectacular, but it completes the look.

I messed around a bit and made a TIE Defender-esque fighter. Surprisingly, it actually flies!

screenshot21.png

Of course, I will eventually make a nice looking tri-TIE coupler.

Almost done with the Interceptor wings, hopefully will have an in-game update tomorrow.

Cheers!

Don\'t really know about ION engines.... right now I just have a modified rocket engine with no flame effects and very small fuel draw. I\'m not much of a programmer.

Hopefully I can do a release soon so you guys can mess around with the parts. I want to get more built so its not so boring!

You\'re pretty much looking for one of the links in my signature, I guess. Be warned, I haven\'t had time to fix the bugs in the last weeks, and solar panels will probably change enough to break mods based on it, but give it a try.

What\'s that first bastard fighter in the spoiler named?

I remember reading about it on the wikis, just looks more awesome than anything I can remember...