one VAB high bay for rent

Hotblack Desiato

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2015/06/available-one-vab-high-bay-three-mlp/

honestly, is there a more kerbal way to live? your own VAB-processing facility (with its own weather inside, and its own wikipedia article, even mentioning the weather), 3 MLPs in the garage, 2 for the shuttle, 1 for ares I. okay, they are not allowed on the street, but who cares?

that's way cooler than having a headquarter in a volcano ;-)

besides, it's inside a nature preservation area, no nosy neighbors, and it's very quiet. the neighbors usually schedule their parties.

who wants to rent it?

EDIT: there are occasionally fireworks, not related to silvester or independence day ;-)

Edited by Hotblack Desiato

Maybe the every person in the KSP community could chip in a buck or two and we all could set up a huge KSP room. We could play KSP DMP on NASA's computers and colonize Laythe! The possibilities are endless! :D

OOOOOOOOOOO idea! Get some awesome music, as well as an announcer and volunteers. Each volunteer uses BD armoury to build a fighter jet or land vehicle. After that, it's a free for all!!!

Wow, that'd be awesome. Too bad it's probably not ever gonna happen [i will find a way!]

Sorry, but;

It's nothing some "special" papers can't do.

I kid, I kid. But good on them for putting that restriction so that a gaggle of people like us don't rent the place out and go running amuck playing a silly video game all the time in what is a place of history, tradition, technology, dignity, and respect. I'd rather such a place go to rocket building anyway, that's what she's built for and what she does best.

Sorry, but;
NASA will not consider proposals for non-aerospace use of the VAB or MLPs or those that do not otherwise contribute to enabling the commercial use of space.

Building a headquarters for my secret base to takeover the world DOES contribute to the commercialization of space, given I plan on making a moon base which hence would require multiple rocket loads of illegal immigrants to do the labour at half the cost.

I think we are all looking at this the wrong way. Residency is not really the answer.

But, what about a LAN party? Given that Squad has already been contacted by NASA via twitter before maybe we could convince Squad to ask on our behalf. Then a community planned event with local outreach as well as prizes, exposure, that sorta thing maybe all proceeds outside operating cost go to NASA funding or some kind of space research? I think that idea sounds pretty cool. :cool:

But, what about a LAN party? Given that Squad has already been contacted by NASA via twitter before maybe we could convince Squad to ask on our behalf. Then a community planned event with local outreach as well as prizes, exposure, that sorta thing maybe all proceeds outside operating cost go to NASA funding or some kind of space research? I think that idea sounds pretty cool. :cool:

Heck yeah! :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.