Starting a KSP Graphic Novel.

BagelRabbit

Hey everyone! It's UpsilonAerospace.

As some of you older forum junkies know, I can art! I actually have a little experience making graphic novels (mostly very short ones for friends).

I'm going to try to put all that art to work over the next several months as I make a KSP graphic novel in my free time! It won't be top-quality, perhaps, but it will be a heartfelt and fun effort. Stay tuned.

My (WIP) KSP Graphic Novel!

~~~

So, I haven't done much yet. I've sketched out a general storyline and am working on the prologue right now. Here's the two first pages, still rough and unedited (and uncompressed, sorry for the large images). In other words, they'll look a lot better soon... In the meantime, though, I have to say that this is shaping up reasonably well.

HCQMOVN.jpg

fyfjqyW.jpg

So, whaddaya think so far? :)

Thanks for taking a peek here, and be sure to check back soon!

-Upsilon

It's looking good, but I think you could work a bit on the frame layout, personally I find it difficult to follow a comic when the frames are too small or too many different shapes/sizes are mixed together. It's difficult to get the key plot twist frames right on an internet page, but it might also be advisable to put surprises (such as an explosion) on the 'next page' for added dramatic effect, unfortunately we do spoil the story by scrolling down so there's not much to do about that anyway.

Otherwise it looks really nice, the style matches KSP pretty well.

Looks interesting! Subscribed. And repped.

Thanks for the subscription and the +Rep! More stuff definitely coming soon...

Wow. Epic.

Glad you like it.

I like it.

+rep

Thanks!

I like the hand drawn, cartoony feel of this.

Amusingly enough, I don't have any drawing program on my computer (except for MS Paint), so I have to hand-draw these comics. I like the effect more when they're hand-drawn anyway.

This is cool.

... It's full of stars!

Now, now. I'll probably add a 2001/2010 reference in here somewhere (along with the mandatory Hitchhiker's Guide reference) but it hasn't happened yet :wink:

This is cool. Really cool.

Thanks! Glad you like this thing.

It's amazing as is! Forget polishing it, we want moar pages nowwwww :)

I'll start working on the next page(s) promptly, though my scanner is currently down and I have no idea when I'll be able to get them out to y'all. A quick spoiler: Walt is ineffective and Mortimer is a heartless son-of-a-Kerm.

It's looking good, but I think you could work a bit on the frame layout, personally I find it difficult to follow a comic when the frames are too small or too many different shapes/sizes are mixed together. It's difficult to get the key plot twist frames right on an internet page, but it might also be advisable to put surprises (such as an explosion) on the 'next page' for added dramatic effect, unfortunately we do spoil the story by scrolling down so there's not much to do about that anyway.

Otherwise it looks really nice, the style matches KSP pretty well.

Thanks for the feedback!

I like my panels creatively arranged, but they probably will be a bit less disorderly in the future :)

As for not spoiling surprises: Trust me, this is still the prologue and bigger surprises and plot twists are yet to come. You're also correct that I have to arrange this comic on an Internet page, which is a little difficult and ruins some of the effect, unfortunately...

nice ;)

Gracias!

Wait, you're actually DRAWING a graphic novel instead of just shoving screenshots around in Powerpoint? +rep, and looking forward to more! :)

Yep, though I must say your little comic is quite cool! I like how it's based on a real mission; as you'll soon see, my comic is more 'what goes on behind the scenes' (it'll be several more chapters before the next Kerbal is even launched).

Stay tuned for more.. I may have some more pages coming later today or I may not. Curse you, scanner/work!

-Upsilon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.