Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet

Here is a replica of the Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet multirole fighter

http://i.imgur.com/8qudKZ3.png

http://i.imgur.com/OwfzCuo.jpg

OUTSTANDING!

I haven't logged into here in weeks and when I do you amaze me with this wonderful piece of work. Best replica to date using stock parts. And it looks like it would actually work in NuFAR which is the best part.

+1 Rep here, if I could give more I would!

it looks like it would actually work in NuFAR which is the best part.

thanks for the comliment (:

I just tried it in FAR and with some weights at the back to move the COM to where it should be it flies (sort of) but is nowhere near as manoeuvrable as in stock but due to my lack of understanding in FAR I can't tell if that's how it should be or if the airframe is somehow not viable.

However I'm sure someone who knew how FAR worked could make it fly like it 'should' (whatever that means).

thanks for the comliment (:

I just tried it in FAR and with some weights at the back to move the COM to where it should be it flies (sort of) but is nowhere near as manoeuvrable as in stock but due to my lack of understanding in FAR I can't tell if that's how it should be or if the airframe is somehow not viable.

However I'm sure someone who knew how FAR worked could make it fly like it 'should' (whatever that means).

With the nuFAR it isn't about where the CoM is in relation to the CoL, it is more about the airflow over the airframe of the craft. Is it smooth and stable. There are a lot of other factors too but your craft looks like it would actually be just about fine in the current FAR. It may need some balancing weights placed in the airframe to bring its CoM closer to the real life version. And the removal of the I-beams off the tips of the wings as they really aren't there on the real aircraft, they are missile rails which are designed to be aerodynamic, I-Beams really are not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.