An old KSP player needs yor help!

Hi guys!, it has been a long time since the last time i played KSP, now i want to play KSP again but i´m a little bit lost, first of all:

-I heard that now ksp comes in two variants 32 bits and 64 bits but in the store i can only see KSP 1.0 Ubuntu and KSP 0.9 Ubuntu, wich one is 64 bits?

-I don´t have a master race PC so i was wondering if there is any performance mod/tweak to boost ksp fps

Sorry for my English, it´s not my first language

Hi guys!, it has been a long time since the last time i played KSP, now i want to play KSP again but i´m a little bit lost, first of all:

-I heard that now ksp comes in two variants 32 bits and 64 bits but in the store i can only see KSP 1.0 Ubuntu and KSP 0.9 Ubuntu, wich one is 64 bits?

-I don´t have a master race PC so i was wondering if there is any performance mod/tweak to boost ksp fps

Sorry for my English, it´s not my first language

They pulled the 64 bit version because there were still stability problems. People insisted on using it anyway and whenever it crashed they invariably blamed the modders, some of whom got very angry about the whole mess. Eventually Squad just pulled it rather than deal with the annoyance.

The best thing to do is to go into settings and crank everything down. Then slowly crank things up until it's as pretty as you an get it and still get decent framerates.

Your English is better than most native speakers', and far better than my <whatever language is your native tongue>. So no worries there :)

It is only available in 64 bit for linux operating systems, not windows. I'm not sure how to do it on other platforms but on steam there is an option to get 64 bit instead.

I don't really use any mods so can't answer that part

They pulled the 64 bit version because there were still stability problems. People insisted on using it anyway and whenever it crashed they invariably blamed the modders, some of whom got very angry about the whole mess. Eventually Squad just pulled it rather than deal with the annoyance.

The best thing to do is to go into settings and crank everything down. Then slowly crank things up until it's as pretty as you an get it and still get decent framerates.

Your English is better than most native speakers', and far better than my <whatever language is your native tongue>. So no worries there :)

It is only available in 64 bit for linux operating systems, not windows. I'm not sure how to do it on other platforms but on steam there is an option to get 64 bit instead.

I don't really use any mods so can't answer that part

Thank you for your answers!! I´ll download the 1.0.4 KSP, PS: I found a mod called Active Texture Managmen that compress the textures, does it give any performance increase?

...Ubuntu...
Is a GNU/Linux distro, so I guess you're on Linux? In which case there's a perfectly serviceable 64bit build.

It's the same download, just launch with the KSP.x86_64 binary.

ATM will help to reduce memory load, which won't be a problem for 64bit on GNU/Linux anyway. :P I doubt you'll see a general performance improvement, but it won't hurt to try it.

What it will do is make initial loading take forever (while it converts textures), and any subsequent loads somewhat faster.

Edited by steve_v

Meh, it really doesn't matter. Use steam if you like steam. Or not, it's the same files, just a different distribution method.

Personally, I start it from a shell script - so I can stream it to my netbook with VGL, among other things. :D

The force opengl switch is both pointless and MIA on Linux, as OpenGL is the only option anyway.

Edited by steve_v

Unity 4 isn't really meant for 64 bit performance on Windows systems yet, and for the reasons described above, Squad pulled the download while upgrading to Unity5 behind the scenes, which is supposed to be stable as a 64 bit engine.

Hola,

as steve_v said: if your on linux just download the latest linux-version. You have two executables, one of them 64bit, you'll recognize. Set LC_ALL=C and start KSP_x86.64. Disable AA (and PPFX ? Though i never had problems with or without that setting) in the settings and let your graphics card do the job.

k

I don´t have a master race PC so i was wondering if there is any performance mod/tweak to boost ksp fps

I played for a long time on a severely limited laptop, I found the single best way to increase performance on modest hardware is to increase "Maximum Physics Delta" in the settings. This gives increased performance at the cost of lower simulation accuracy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.