Betcha didn't see this in the changelogs for 1.0.4!

One-Way Films

I'm still at work.

Just a guess, but those look like inlet vanes, which are often stationary in turbojet engine inlets. These just direct airflow into the axial compressor at the proper angle/speed. The compressor is the part that actually spins.

For instance, the Rolls-Royce Olympus.

Most turbofans have the fan in front. This design is more fuel-efficient than a turbojet, and is found on most modern airliners.

That being said, I have no idea about the part in question in KSP. :sticktongue:

Edited by DanJourney

Oh that is nice. I'd not really been using it because;

*snip the old circular intake looked like it was missing something.

I'm glad it no longer looks like a portal to a dark realm!

It was updated in 1.0.3, along with the shock intake. The new MK1 inline cockpit lights up now.

i'd not noticed the lights either!

I find that one of the problems of becoming familiar with parts is not noticing the subtler changes they get after an update. I sometimes really wish I could wipe my KSP brain and go through the discovery of everything all over again.

[...]

i'd not noticed the lights either!

I find that one of the problems of becoming familiar with parts is not noticing the subtler changes they get after an update. I sometimes really wish I could wipe my KSP brain and go through the discovery of everything all over again.

True, I try to right click every part after an update: For example, the parachutes now have a little thing telling you whether it's safe to deploy them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.