[Stock Tank] Lynx I Tank (1.0.5)

Jon144's Tank Factory Presents....

The Lynx I Main Battle Tank

dxgRN4k.gif

tibBkv1.jpg

The Lynx I is a fully capable 100% Stock Non-replica main battle tank inspired by a cross of a Leopard I and a T90

This cat not only looks nice... It has x4 high-penetration I-beam lances mounted on a smooth 360 traversing turret. For additional defense the turret also features a one-shot "machine gun" mounted on it's own 360 rotating bearing. This stock weaponry might even give some BD-armory made tanks a headache.

PeSoBti.jpg

SzWmU4T.jpg

VfJPKy5.jpg

On the way!

8TDn3ta.jpg

Even Zeke's stronk replicas are not immune to the power of the dark side.

00QiQrA.jpg

It can pull off stunts too kind of if you are interested in that type of stuff...

DOWNLOAD LINK (New 1.0.5 Version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ne39wx0lyt44yr/JTF%20-%20Lynx%20II.craft?dl=0

Firing Instructions:

Optimal Firing Range is roughly 100M

• Simply unlock the turret by pressing the space-bar and switching between the hull and turret using the bracket [ ] keys.
  • Press 1-4 to fire each individual high penetration I-beam lance. For optimal accuracy press "control here" from the probe core on the turret of the tank corresponding to the side that is firing and aim at the horizon. The firing order is left-right-left-right. Make sure that this is correct by checking the action groups before usage. Make sure to have the tank parked while firing for maximum performance.
  • To use the 1-shot "Machine Gun" press "decouple" on the decoupler holding the bearing on top of the turret in place. Then use the bracket [ ] keys to switch to the machine gun. Press "Control from here" on the probe core on the back of the machine gun. Then simply align the gun with the target and press the space-bar until the projectile is fired.

Known Bug: Loading Kerbals into the seats of the tank at launch glitch the turret bearing mechanism. If you wish to crew the tank do so after decoupling the turret. The tank is designed for primarily stock installations of KSP.

Edited by Jon144

Nice tank, although you might want to raise the turret so it clears the I-beams along the sides; it gets caught on those edges and can't turn more than about 10 degrees either direction. The machine gun is a brilliant idea though!

Nice tank, although you might want to raise the turret so it clears the I-beams along the sides; it gets caught on those edges and can't turn more than about 10 degrees either direction. The machine gun is a brilliant idea though!

Really? I have tested this several times and it turns fully just fine every time. Those I-beams are there for a reason. The turret ring presents a weakness against incoming projectiles.

I really don't like suggesting this but there might have been some problem with that instance of the game. Or maybe I even uploaded the wrong craft file. Can you show me a screenshot?

It is also important to note that the turret bearing will become glitched if you load crew into it without decoupling the turret first.

n6zlDim.jpg
Edited by Jon144

Really? I have tested this several times and it turns fully just fine every time. Those I-beams are there for a reason. The turret ring presents a weakness against incoming projectiles.

I really don't like suggesting this but there might have been some problem with that instance of the game. Or maybe I even uploaded the wrong craft file. Can you show me a screenshot?

It is also important to note that the turret bearing will become glitched if you load crew into it without decoupling the turret first.

http://i.imgur.com/n6zlDim.jpg

Yep , i had the same issue generated by the TakeCommand Mod who load kerbals at craft launch , so turret glitch !

I suppose RixKillian use this Mod too .

No idea why that glitch happens. Really does not make any logic. But neither do a lot of things in KSP. The glitch can be solved by simply loading in crew after decoupling the turret.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, The Optimist said:

Do the sepratrons on the lower I-beam rockets make the decouplers explode?

Yes. This is necessary to get rid of the heat that the heat that sepratrons generate. Without them they will melt the turret when they fire lol.

7 hours ago, Jon144 said:

Yes. This is necessary to get rid of the heat that the heat that sepratrons generate. Without them they will melt the turret when they fire lol.

Have you tried mounting the sepratrons in the front of the missile? It makes them more stable and less explodey, but at the cost of appearance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.