WatchMojo on YouTube mentions KSP

Seaview123

I saw this recently on YouTube and thought folks around here might be interested. WatchMojo, a top ten list program on YouTube rated their picks for the top ten video games with steep learning curves. KSP came in at #5. What do you think?

It is ranked higher than Sim City. I would ranked it higher than Civilization.

I don't know about that. It's hard to say with franchise games that change like Civ but while Civ 5 was pretty rudimentary, Civ 4 was incredibly detailed in micro management. You could play for a very long time and still find things you didn't know.

I would have put SimCity as #10, StarCraft doesn't really have a steep learning curve at all... it has tutorials in-game! And why no Minecraft? I mean you can't play that game without going to the Wiki or youtube or some other source. It just isn't possible to figure out the recipes.

Edited by Alshain

It is ranked higher than Sim City. I would ranked it higher than Civilization.

Didn't even notice that Sim City was only in the honorable mentions.

I would agree with you if you are talking Civ 5 or Revolution as those were sort of... Simplified. Civ 1-4 however had steep learning curves and required a ton of micro management.

Edit- Still think Eve had the stronger curve. There is a reason I no longer play it...

I absolutely LIVE for games that are way too complex for the average gamer.

I agree with many on the list, but honestly there are some that should be and are not.

For instance... the hardest learning curve of any game I've ever played is by far Hearts of Iron 3. Holy smokes talk about micro-management.

I saw this recently on YouTube and thought folks around here might be interested. WatchMojo, a top ten list program on YouTube rated their picks for the top ten video games with steep learning curves. KSP came in at #5. What do you think?

Who??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.