Parachutes cause massive framerate drop in VAB, anyone else notice?

Mastikator

FC2F89CFD4B199197390A70DC91EF09754DD6B79

OK so I'm using StageRecovery mod to cut down on prices of ships so I put chutes on the lower stages.

When I put the chutes on my framerate goes from about ~60fps to about ~3fps. The chutes on the final landing stage seem to cause no problems but the chutes on the lifter stage are just a death blow to my framerate. This is new, I didn't have this problem in 1.0.2

Anyone else notice?

Edit-

also if someone could tell me why my spoiler tag doesn't work, that would be great

Second edit-

Adding struts and other stuff to the rocket took upward of 20 seconds per click, clicking the menu to change category, clicking the part, clicking on the ship. 1 minute per strut.

Then when I launched it went back to being full ~60fps

Edited by Mastikator
update

Yes, this is a known problem. There is an exception happening every frame for every chute and the log spam seriously slows down the whole game. As far as I am aware there is currently no workaround.

As for your spoiler tag:

you need to add a description to the opening tag.

Reply to this post to see how...

I've not noticed the framerate problem. Try the same ship design without the StageRecover mod. This may be an issue with the mod, not stock!

Try using [noparse][ing] tags and link to the image (not the album) instead of [/noparse]. It may be that the forum gets confused when it tries to parse the stuff in the spoiler.

Edited by softweir
Ninja-ed - and wrong!