I had a Minmus surface outpost and it had clippy cylinder Monopropellant tanks and when I switched to it after going to the space center when it was there it just obliterated itself leaving not a single piece attached. I redesigned it completely but it now had clipped batteries and same result. What the crap is this. And they work well until I switch to them and they blow up.

Common Denominator: Part Clipping.

Unless you get lucky, part clipping is very likely to do exactly this.

Now, if you get rid of the part clipping and it still does this, then you have some kind of odd bug that I couldn't help you with.

Use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, it will load physics on selected craft slower and therefore things will not break. For me it is a must have mod

He's already stated that he uses this. Even so, with that mod in place, it can still cause the kraken to appear. Just because it loads the physics 'slower' doesn't mean it loads them any differently. i.e. with and without KJR if the parts are... well, clipped, the parts will still be clipped and hence it will still invite the kraken to play.

I rarely have trouble with clipped parts, except for the ones Yukon mentions and the service bays (those are very intolerant of clipping). If I do have problems they usually manifest right away as soon as the craft is launched. I nearly always reces batteries and monoprop tanks a little bit and they never cause a problem. I've even put batteries right inside things with just the green light poking out (for decoration) and not had issues. I think your problem might be something other than part clipping. If you post a pic of your craft that might help.

Common Denominator: Part Clipping.

Unless you get lucky' date=' part clipping is very likely to do exactly this.[/quote']

That is very unfortunate, given that part clipping is officially supported in the editor.

The selection to chose part clipping says bug hazard. This shouldn’t be a question.

You are mistaken. The debug menu option that enables connecting more than two parts to attach nodes (even though it's called just "part clipping") warns about it being buggy.

But the editor gizmos that allow parts to be moved inside one another (aka part clipping) do not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.