[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

i found a bug, the habitat cleans kerbals inventory with KIS
Maybe it's a feature to prevent clutter :P

Yep, i installed a "Material Emancipation Grill" in front of every door.

Joke aside, this is not intended. Are the items dropped in front of the module or do they disappear? To which parts does this apply? Your mentioned the habitat, the MK1 or the MK2? Maybe you could send a log from that situation, KIS logs what happens when you transfer crew or move to/from EVA.

Hello, all this work look awesome, i can't wait to play it on 1.0.4 ^^

No rush, just do your magic :D

Where did you get the idea that this isn't for the current version of KSP? We're all using it right now.

It has a ladder IN it? Or you tried to mount one to it?

When deployed, it has a built in ladder on the side, since the hatch was moved to the roof.

Nevermind, it works, it's just very sensitive and my current hab I was working on was on wheels, so I couldn't reach the rungs I guess, even though the bottom one is at head level.

Edited by tater

When deployed, it has a built in ladder on the side, since the hatch was moved to the roof.

Nevermind, it works, it's just very sensitive and my current hab I was working on was on wheels, so I couldn't reach the rungs I guess, even though the bottom one is at head level.

Oh good, i was afraid, that unity tricked me again with this one. I had problems with the animation of this exact same ladder. It didn't want to move although the animation was there in blender. I'll scale the box-collider up a bit for the next release so it's won't be so sensitive anymore.

Huh, I was having so much fun just driving it around as a mobile sci-hab that I didnt notice the ladder.

Oh good, i was afraid, that unity tricked me again with this one. I had problems with the animation of this exact same ladder. It didn't want to move although the animation was there in blender. I'll scale the box-collider up a bit for the next release so it's won't be so sensitive anymore.

Or maybe put a second collider angled inwards? If you only put it up a bit then the Kerbals will climb to the top, do their standing up animation and probably fall right down because there's nothing under their feet.

Where did you get the idea that this isn't for the current version of KSP? We're all using it right now.

My bad thanks for letting me know ahah i though on the first post it was written 1.0.2 but in fact its the mod version in 0.1.2 xD

Thank you Nils277 for this cool stuff eheh

Edited by Loup

Hey, author. I found that reverting to VAB causes crashes when using these parts!

I've done this a lot with testing, and haven't actually crashed at all with this mod installed.

Unrelated to that, I have had some clipping with the Hab mk2 (deployed). Select EVA, and sometimes the kerbal falls through the roof. I have also had this trying to reach the roof hatch. Possibly related, sometimes I hit "EVA," and then hit space to let go---nothing. I then have to "[" to make the kerbal active. Odd.

Hey, author. I found that reverting to VAB causes crashes when using these parts!

Is this error reproducable? Do you have other mods installed? Can you provide me a log for that case? Can't do much about it without more information :wink:

I've done this a lot with testing, and haven't actually crashed at all with this mod installed.

Unrelated to that, I have had some clipping with the Hab mk2 (deployed). Select EVA, and sometimes the kerbal falls through the roof. I have also had this trying to reach the roof hatch. Possibly related, sometimes I hit "EVA," and then hit space to let go---nothing. I then have to "[" to make the kerbal active. Odd.

Oh, how far does the kerbal clip through the roof? Until it hits the ground or somewhere in the middle? Also when climbing up to the roof, does this happen when the kerbal steps on the roof itself or also when walking on the extended sections? I suspect that the separate collider for the top is slightly too thin for the physics engine in some configurations. (In the middle of the module is a separate one to disallow attaching things on the parts where the module extends.)

I experienced this weird thing with the EVA once too, somehow the focus went to another part and not to the kerbal EVA'ed. I'll have an eye on that.

Maybe also related to that, has anyone experienced weird behaviour when switching to and from IVA's? Sometimes the IVA button does not work for me, and also sometimes it switches to a kerbal in a part that does not have an IVA...

Edited by Nils277

Ok, so I found that the mod also crashes when I go into the space center from being in flight with a vessel that uses your parts. This is the latest mod that I have installed onto this save. The other mods that I have are: EPL, KAS, Kerbal Engineer, Kerbaltek, KIS, MechJeb2, RemoteTech, Trajectories, USI Life Support.

The mod is great but could really use slightly larger versions of the planetary adapter, since balancing out weight between fuel tanks on decent can be tricky.

As well, an aerodynamic adapter from the module profile to the 1.25m and/or mark 2 profile would be nice.

The parts also go pretty neatly connected bottom to bottom connected to 2.5m stuff. Some kind of adapter for that would be great.

Great parts, though.

Edited by the8cell

The mod is great but could really use slightly larger versions of the planetary adapter, since balancing out weight between fuel tanks on decent can be tricky.

As well, an aerodynamic adapter from the module profile to the 1.25m and/or mark 2 profile would be nice.

The parts also go pretty neatly connected bottom to bottom connected to 2.5m stuff. Some kind of adapter for that would be great.

Great parts, though.

Adapter for the other profiles (to Size1(1.25m), Mark2) are also planned. A connector for the two parts on their bottom together will come with the Heatshields :wink:

Nils, I was not able to reproduce the clipping, I suppose it could have been my KSP getting ready to crash as I had been playing a couple hours.

Okay, thanks for the info :) Let me know when you experience this bug again.

when the next version? the wait is killing me like the next season of GoT

Hehe :D I think the next version will be out at some time on the next weekend.

As a small teaser, here's a picture of the landing leg for the modules. They will come with a stack node so all are the same height.

WEZUtb5.png

This mod is awesome! I really love the IVAs.

I was thinking; with such great IVA and such big windows, it's a shame we can't see inside. Have you considered making the windows clear using the RPM mod? The ASET ERS rover uses it and it's one of my favourite features.

Huge suggestion for the Hab2 IVA---lower the seat backs so that you can see their faces (from one IVA looking at another kerbal).

hab2.png

Edited by tater