[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Woah...

How many crew?

I planned a Crew of six Kerbals.

Please, please add ladder colliders along the handles. :P

There will be at least a ladder to the top. I would be hard to make a Kerbal climb sideways. I have to experiment with this. ;-)

Nice, looks far better than the previous mockup, more like I imagined, an control center on top of the 4 way hub.

Part of me want something higher more like an small air traffic tower. Pehaps have it in two parts so we can stuff an hitchhiker in the middle for more height.

The hitchhiker would not fit. The diameter is 3.75m at the bottom. But a hitchhiker would fit on the top. The part has a diameter of 2.5m there.

Pretty! Though 6 feels a little large given the space we need for 4 in a hab module, it could work :D

This is in addition to the current cross-shaped peice, right? :)

Jep, it will be an additonal part. ;-)

What about moar windows like the cupola? :D

I think, that four an the roof are enough too. There are also three windows on the sides where noch hatch is. They are just not visible in the picture ;-)

Weird.

You could use DropBox if you have that. Another way would be that you send it to me as plain text in a PM.

---Edit---

You could also use one of the file-hosting sites, like e.g. FileDropper or similar.

Hey Nils277, I inboxed you last night with the KSP.log. I still haven't had any luck figuring out what's going on, but it could be due to another mod I've installed.

Hey Nils277, I inboxed you last night with the KSP.log. I still haven't had any luck figuring out what's going on, but it could be due to another mod I've installed.

I have recieved it ;-) I had not any time to look at it, i'm not home the whole weekend.I will look at it on monday.

There will be at least a ladder to the top. I would be hard to make a Kerbal climb sideways. I have to experiment with this. ;-)

Well, you can make them short, so that Kerals would have to hop between them. As for climbing sideways - that works. I've tested it multiple times while erecting 25m high tower on my Tylo base.

One more request - air craffic control lower looking module, doesn't matter if the bottom would be 2.5 or 1.25 meters. Basically, take a cupola, flip it upside down, extend so that the side windows are as high as a Kerbal, and add an attachment node in place of the round window.

Also, looking forward to connected IVA mod all the passable parts need at least simple IVAs.

If possible, could we get a planetary cargo bay piece? In the same sort of idea as the stock cargo bays, I imagine the part having a pair of two piece ramps that when folded, match the outline of the other base parts. After unfolding, you would have effectivly a large flat plate, about the same length as a habitat piece on top of which you could have various components ready and waiting. Reason I ask is because I would love it if I had an indoor/outdoor storage option for any rovers I plan to bring to my base. The service bay is usable, but is far to restricting in terms of size to be ideal for the role.

Love the mod! I'm gonna leave bases everywhere possible, including on the class E asteroid i'm putting in orbit of the mun for a mission :P

I'm having a little issue with the modular storage though, if i fill it with only liquid fuel tanks only 2 of those tanks get used by the engines.

Is that intended?

Well, you can make them short, so that Kerals would have to hop between them. As for climbing sideways - that works. I've tested it multiple times while erecting 25m high tower on my Tylo base.

One more request - air craffic control lower looking module, doesn't matter if the bottom would be 2.5 or 1.25 meters. Basically, take a cupola, flip it upside down, extend so that the side windows are as high as a Kerbal, and add an attachment node in place of the round window.

Also, looking forward to connected IVA mod all the passable parts need at least simple IVAs.

Hmm i think an air-traffic control tower it not really in the scope of this mod.

But the Stockalike Station Part Expansion has some parts that would really make a good control tower.

Do you have a link to the connected IVA mod?

If possible, could we get a planetary cargo bay piece? In the same sort of idea as the stock cargo bays, I imagine the part having a pair of two piece ramps that when folded, match the outline of the other base parts. After unfolding, you would have effectivly a large flat plate, about the same length as a habitat piece on top of which you could have various components ready and waiting. Reason I ask is because I would love it if I had an indoor/outdoor storage option for any rovers I plan to bring to my base. The service bay is usable, but is far to restricting in terms of size to be ideal for the role.

I'm planning to add some kind of Garage/Cargo-Bay in the next release. :wink:

Love the mod! I'm gonna leave bases everywhere possible, including on the class E asteroid i'm putting in orbit of the mun for a mission :P

I'm having a little issue with the modular storage though, if i fill it with only liquid fuel tanks only 2 of those tanks get used by the engines.

Is that intended?

No that is not inteded. I have not specified anyting that there is no fuel-crossfeed. I will look at the modules but i'm afraid that this might be an bug from KSP when there are many stack_nodes.

That's the mod I'm talking about.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131439-WIP-Free-IVA-(formerly-Enhanced-IVA)-Alpha-v0-0-3-(2015-10-11)

As for tower... I was jus thinking about something to attach on top of than new part.

Btw, what about RPM support? Been using airlock today, it would be really nice to have a handle that'll send you EVA, RPM does that. Also, airlock IVA would really benefit from transparent windows.

That's the mod I'm talking about.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131439-WIP-Free-IVA-(formerly-Enhanced-IVA)-Alpha-v0-0-3-(2015-10-11)

As for tower... I was jus thinking about something to attach on top of than new part.

Btw, what about RPM support? Been using airlock today, it would be really nice to have a handle that'll send you EVA, RPM does that. Also, airlock IVA would really benefit from transparent windows.

The top of the part will be made in a way that it does not look stupid when noting is attachend :wink:

Uhm RPM has been supported for a long time now. The small gangway airlock already has the airlock handle (double click on the right airlock and the Kerbal is send EVA). The configs for the two new ones are coming with the next release.

The Transparent windwos are also already implemented. They are just disabled by default because of the still high influence on performance. You can enable it when you right click on a part and change the pod-transparency. (When you don't have that option in the right-click menu then update RPM, its a new feature of it)

The top of the part will be made in a way that it does not look stupid when noting is attachend :wink:

Uhm RPM has been supported for a long time now. The small gangway airlock already has the airlock handle (double click on the right airlock and the Kerbal is send EVA). The configs for the two new ones are coming with the next release.

The Transparent windwos are also already implemented. They are just disabled by default because of the still high influence on performance. You can enable it when you right click on a part and change the pod-transparency. (When you don't have that option in the right-click menu then update RPM, its a new feature of it)

Okay, seems I've updated in some stupid way... Now I have RPM.

Airlocks have no transparency. And doors on the inside do have windows on them. ALso, outer door looks different from inside and outside. Windows of profiled airlock ar enot transparent from both sides as well. :P Other than that, it's simply amazing.

I suggest you making all docking ports have transparent windows, and make them transparent on modules as well. This way you'll be able to see one pod from another. :P

Edited by sashan

So, to confirm, the parts 'promised' (Not that you owe us anything, haha) for the next release apparently include:

- The new central hub, which holds more kerbals

- A cargo-bay type module (presumably like the service bay, but with unfolding roof)

- A utility module 'end cap'

Have I missed any? This thing is incredible either way :D

Minmus is actually easier; it takes more fuel to get the rocket there, but the actual base-landing is considerably gentler.

With that said, the Mun is traditional... :D

Edited by Reiver

Okay, seems I've updated in some stupid way... Now I have RPM.

Airlocks have no transparency. And doors on the inside do have windows on them. ALso, outer door looks different from inside and outside. Windows of profiled airlock ar enot transparent from both sides as well. :P Other than that, it's simply amazing.

I suggest you making all docking ports have transparent windows, and make them transparent on modules as well. This way you'll be able to see one pod from another. :P

The airlock only would have the transparency in the hatches. Now that you mentioned it...i realized how senseless the small windows in the airlocks are. I think i will replace them with ones without a window.

Making all the windows transparend would be a bit over the top :wink:

So, to confirm, the parts 'promised' (Not that you owe us anything, haha) for the next release apparently include:

- A cargo-bay type module (presumably like the service bay, but with unfolding roof)

Hmm...a drill for the base-profile and a modular replacement for the corridors :wink:

This is it. This is how I am finally going to build my first surface outpost. Wish me luck.

Good luck! And we want to see pictures! :D

I planned a Crew of six Kerbals.

The hitchhiker would not fit. The diameter is 3.75m at the bottom. But a hitchhiker would fit on the top. The part has a diameter of 2.5m there.

Understand and yes it would be an nice way to integrate 2.5 meter parts into the design.

The wheel / leg combination is also nice for other stuff you want to move after landing.

Hmm...a drill for the base-profile and a modular replacement for the corridors :wink:

Double size KIS/KAS container

Double size KIS/KAS container

Ups, forgot to mention this one :D

So how's the base hub coming? I can't wait to see it finished.

There was no progress in the last days. I had a lot of non KSP related stuff to do that couldn't wait. I plan to have the update ready soon after the 1.0.5 update of KSP.