Mod Community Base 3.0 - multiple bases, limited actions allowed - see rules

//Notices Mk3 cabin Munar spaceplane launched from runway

//Mind = blown

I wanted to do that.

Oh well. Maybe I still can. If my Ibis X2\'s wings didn\'t go sploshion when I change ships, I could try landing that on Minmus. Or I could take a leaf out of SpeedoLlama\'s book and design a different shuttle.

The updates we\'re seeing for 0.16 will require starting over from scratch, but we still have weeks to go before it will likely be released. I think I\'ll also change the rules around to try and allow more options; perhaps these changes...

- Instead of having to choose a base beforehand, just book a flight slot. This slot allows you one launch, use as you see fit.

- Land no more than 1-2 controllable craft at any base per turn, but if your single launch that turn can drop rovers at every existing base go for it. Feel free to leave crew wandering on the surface too (since EVAs will be coming in 0.16)

- Mods used shouldn\'t need any files aside from the persistent.sfs files to be handed off to the next player (No Space Dock mod or other similar ones.)

- Creating new land bases will be allowed only if every existing base on that planet/moon has been landed at by at least 4 players. If multiple bases are full enough to create new ones, you can only create one new one per turn.

- Space stations are allowed, if & when docking ends up being included. They\'ll count as a new base so only one per turn.

Any other changes that would make sense? I wanted to avoid the space dock like mods to keep things simpler for handing off between turns, and to encourage building things that can actually get off the ground on their own.

Updating the list now. Sorry for missing your request, zekes, I\'ve put you in the list where you should have been if I hadn\'t derped.

RedDwarfIV - I don\'t see a request to launch from you before now, does this mean you want to be put on the list? If so, just name the base you\'ll be landing at and I\'ll get you on there!

It\'s been 48 hours with nothing from Radion. StelarCF, you are go for launch!

Kerbin, we Titanic has landed.

I am pleased to report that after a 41 day flight, the Titanic Habitation Module has landed smack-dab in the middle of the Lake of Broken Landers. It suffered no damage and still has 2/3 of a tank of fuel left, probably sufficient to get it back into Kerbin orbit. Probodobodyne was added, and all other parts are within the mod bank.

The current base (my module is in the center)

1z35air.png

Whoops! great timing, Radion!

I\'ll update the first post again.

However, that persistence file is much smaller than it was when speedollama handed it off to you - I fear you may have missed a mod and I\'ll have to do a merge again. Checking.

The save file had the right number of craft in it, but I noticed it said Radion\'s lander was on a suborbital trajectory instead of landed! I loaded it quickly before it could crash; somehow it was 70 meters up in the air! It must have last saved around there and then not saved again before you uploaded the persistent.sfs. I hit mechjeb\'s land button in time though and relanded it, and have confirmed that it\'s saved now and showing 'landed' when I go back to the tracking station.

HEimd.jpg

I think the file size reduction was because with the really long flight time, a large debris item left by one of the previous flights crashed and removed itself from the save.

I haven\'t asked for a turn yet because I don\'t know if I can get my craft to the Mun yet.

However, something interesting is that its designed to be able to move around like a rover, with a passenger capacity of 12.

RedDwarf - cool, just let us know when you want to reserve a spot on the list. You\'ll probably have a week or two between signing up and getting around to your turn, plenty of time to finalize a design that will work ;)

Gojira - Updated. That gives us five reservations for Aluminium Oxide, so there\'s now the option to 'Open a third Munar Base' when people make new reservations after yours!

Ok, I got the spaceplane done. Since it can act as a rover, it can\'t get the Out Of Fuel tag. Which is nice. Munar roving works very well, but havoc will ensue if high speed maneuvres are attempted.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=14911.0

Since Cloria already has a spaceplane, I\'ll go for Al2O3 base. [That\'s Aluminium Oxide]

EDIT: Just read your post about Al2O3 base having five reservations. The Summer Sky could open a new Munbase.

Nova Punch is a ridiculously big pack. It\'s also making my KSP crash every time I try to load the game, even though I delete a lot of parts.

Seriously, who put it in? It\'s the worst pack I\'ve used. Not because of the quality of the parts (they are pretty good) but because ITS SO FRIKING GARGANTUAN

Nova Punch is a ridiculously big pack. It\'s also making my KSP crash every time I try to load the game, even though I delete a lot of parts.

Seriously, who put it in? It\'s the worst pack I\'ve used. Not because of the quality of the parts (they are pretty good) but because ITS SO FRIKING GARGANTUAN

My computer KSP has 934 parts in it. It loads and runs fine.

Maybe it\'s just because my computer is awesome.

My computer KSP has 934 parts in it. It loads and runs fine.

Maybe it\'s just because my computer is awesome.

I only have 2 GB of RAM..

that might be one of my problems.

But that\'s not the only thing. I\'ve checked one of the cfg files and guess what - NP has 'solidRocket' instead of 'solidBooster'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.