[1.1.2] Part Commander - Quick access to part right-click action menus [v1.1.1 - May 6, 2016]

seanmcdougall

Version 1.0.2 is now up in the usual places. Check the changelog for details, and let me know if you have any other suggestions for fixes/enhancements. I really appreciate all the feedback so far. Thanks!

Thanks for the Blizzy support :) Unfortunately the settings window doesn't seem to be saving correctly. I can turn the stock bar off and it changes ok, but when I reload the game (and when changing ships) the settings change back to default. The other 2 options reset as well (I'm attempting to change all 3 at once).

Thanks for the Blizzy support :) Unfortunately the settings window doesn't seem to be saving correctly. I can turn the stock bar off and it changes ok, but when I reload the game (and when changing ships) the settings change back to default. The other 2 options reset as well (I'm attempting to change all 3 at once).

Damn it, you're right - settings aren't always saving out to the persistent config file. I'll track down the problem and release another update later today.

In the meantime, you can edit the config file manually to make the settings stick. It's under GameData\PartCommander\PartCommander.cfg, and by default will look like this:

Settings
{
useStockToolbar = True
enableHotKey = True
hotKey = P
hideUnAct = False
}

You can turn the options on and off by setting them to "True" or "False".

Possible bug/unintended behavior:

Observed behavior:

IFF the Part Commander window is active AND the mouse is over the active craft/EVA, then keyboard input is ignored. It's as though the input-locking is happening not just for the Part Commander window but for the area over the craft as well.

Expected behavior:

Keyboard inputs (changing throttle, pitch/roll/yaw, etc) are ignored only when a text-input field is active.

Tested on KSP 1.0.4, Windows, 32-bit, no other mods installed.

Ohwow, this indeed is wonderful! This is just what I was looking for for my first person playthrough. It sucks that I had to get out on 3d-person mode for tests and reports.

I take it all things such as 'Run test' and, 'crew report' can be activated via their applicable parts?:)

Ohwow, this indeed is wonderful! This is just what I was looking for for my first person playthrough. It sucks that I had to get out on 3d-person mode for tests and reports.

I take it all things such as 'Run test' and, 'crew report' can be activated via their applicable parts?:)

Yup, if you can access it via the part's right click menu then you should be able to access it via PartCommander (and if you can't then please let me know and I'll fix it!)

I installed Part Commander and noticed that the pop-up ascent guidance window of mech-jeb was blank - just a grey box.

I uninstalled Part Commander and normal function was resumed.

Weird, I haven't been able to replicate that issue. MechJeb and PartCommander seem to be playing together nicely for me. Anyone else experiencing any problems with that combo? If you can PM me your KSP_Data/output_log.txt though I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

May I suggest a feature? The symmetry thing is great, but it would be nice to have this extended so that we could affect all identical items on the craft as well. For example, I may have 20 parachutes in, say, 3 groups of 6,6,8 (symmetry wise), or maybe I have 20 individually placed with no symmetry at all; it would be great if I could tell it to modify the deployment altitude for all 20 at once!

Would something like that be possible?

May I suggest a feature? The symmetry thing is great, but it would be nice to have this extended so that we could affect all identical items on the craft as well. For example, I may have 20 parachutes in, say, 3 groups of 6,6,8 (symmetry wise), or maybe I have 20 individually placed with no symmetry at all; it would be great if I could tell it to modify the deployment altitude for all 20 at once!

+1 for this

Thank you for this mod! I'm having a much better time making fine adjustments with your interface than with the stock popups. Adjusting satellite orbits is much easier with 0.5% thrust! Any chance you could enable it to work in the VAB/SPH as well? Another minor request would be to enter the numerical values directly instead of the slider... but to be honest I've had pretty good success getting settings where I want them (finally!). Great Job!, absolutely useful.

Yeah, that should be doable. I'll add it to my list for the next release. Thanks for the idea :-)

Thank you for this mod! I'm having a much better time making fine adjustments with your interface than with the stock popups. Adjusting satellite orbits is much easier with 0.5% thrust! Any chance you could enable it to work in the VAB/SPH as well? Another minor request would be to enter the numerical values directly instead of the slider... but to be honest I've had pretty good success getting settings where I want them (finally!). Great Job!, absolutely useful.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I'll take a look into your requests and see what I can do.

• 4 weeks later...

This mod is awesome. I use it daily, and it just works right.

I was thinking about the category selector (Aero/Structural/Science/etc), and how it might be improved. What do you think about a row of icons for each category? Then the user can just click on "Science" instead of clicking left/right 5 times. Should be able to use the category's icons.

It would also be nice to support custom categories (like RealChute's "Parachutes" or UKS's "Kolonization" and "Freight").

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.