active contracts disappeared

Like the title says. I had a dozen contracts related to Duna and Eve. Built my ships and probes, setup my KAC transfer alarms, launched a couple, and then noticed I had no active contracts! Where did they go? They didn't expire bcs some were for decades away! So I've wasted money on probes that I can't reuse for putting probes in orbit since you have to build them AFTER accepting a contract...

Has this happened to anyone else? Any way to get them back?

It's happened to me. Maybe your last quicksave is from before the contracts disappeared, or since you have KAC you should have some earlier saves to go back to, before the contracts went poof. See what you have in the alt-F9 window. It's saved my bacon

Like the title says. I had a dozen contracts related to Duna and Eve. Built my ships and probes, setup my KAC transfer alarms, launched a couple, and then noticed I had no active contracts! Where did they go? They didn't expire bcs some were for decades away! So I've wasted money on probes that I can't reuse for putting probes in orbit since you have to build them AFTER accepting a contract...

Has this happened to anyone else? Any way to get them back?

I've heard one report of this happening prior to yours. I have a few theories as to what might be causing this, but first, could you post a full listing of the mods you are using? Also, any time anything like this happens, copy your log file somewhere. By now I'm guessing the log file has been overwritten with a new one. They have to be fresh, and they tend to be very helpful in these situations.

I've heard one report of this happening prior to yours. I have a few theories as to what might be causing this, but first, could you post a full listing of the mods you are using? Also, any time anything like this happens, copy your log file somewhere. By now I'm guessing the log file has been overwritten with a new one. They have to be fresh, and they tend to be very helpful in these situations.

I use KAC, KER, KJR, MechJeb, Atomic Age and Fuel Tanks Plus. I run the game with the option to not write a log file, but besides, it only happened the one time and it would have been written over dozens of times by now...

Well, it happened to me again today. The first I noticed a problem was when an invisible-ship bug cropped up. That's when I realized the contracts were gone as well. Going back through the KacBackup saves, I saw the contracts had been gone for awhile.

Running VOID, KAC, Ast. Day, Chatterer, ForScienceContinued, Stock Fuel Switch, Docking Alignment indicator, TCA,

A whole afternoon gone to waste, as my last good save was before a Gilly landing/science/mining op, followed by docking and rescue ops. A more recent save doesn't lose as much time, but the contracts are gone.

And it happened somewhere in this log...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Well, it happened to me again today. The first I noticed a problem was when an invisible-ship bug cropped up. That's when I realized the contracts were gone as well. Going back through the KacBackup saves, I saw the contracts had been gone for awhile.

Running VOID, KAC, Ast. Day, Chatterer, ForScienceContinued, Stock Fuel Switch, Docking Alignment indicator, TCA,

A whole afternoon gone to waste, as my last good save was before a Gilly landing/science/mining op, followed by docking and rescue ops. A more recent save doesn't lose as much time, but the contracts are gone.

And it happened somewhere in this log...

I had some reports of this on the Contract Configurator thread (AlphaAsh also thought it seemed to be related to Asteroid Day). I've also got another report on Severedsolo's Space Station Contract Packs thread - that user says they aren't using Asteroid Day. I also ran into it myself, but didn't investigate at the time (I can't remember if that was immediately before or immediately after installing Asteroid Day).

I do see what appears to be the contracts getting wiped in the log:

[ERR 14:37:07.772] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.772] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.773] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.773] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.774] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.775] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.775] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.776] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.777] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.777] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.778] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.778] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.779] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.780] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.780] ContractList: Contract 0 is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.781] ContractList: Contract config is invalid
[ERR 14:37:07.781] ContractList: Contract 1 is invalid
<snip>
[ERR 14:37:07.771] ContractList: Contract config is invalid

However I don't see anything that ties it to Asteroid Day or even implies what the issue is (there some other exceptions that seemed unrelated, but hard to say for sure).

One last note - when I observed it in my game, I only noticed because I was looking at the persistence file for other issues. The CONTRACTS node had no contracts underneath it, but my game appeared normal. When I did a quicksave of the game, the contracts were properly saved again - so I can assume that you have to get the contracts saved incorrectly, and then exit or reload at the inappropriate time to be affected by the issue.

Sorry just posting this from work and don't have any logs or anything. The same thing happened to me.

I also did a fresh install, re-installed all my mods and started a new game and boom! Contracts still do not show up in the new freshly installed game.

Will list my mods later on today once I am home.

I suspect it is one of the recent mods I had installed (due to it finally being released for 1.0.4) yesterday but will have to check again.

Cheers,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.