Prowler C4C ATV

Prowler C4C ATV
The Prowler C4C ATV uses an advanced suspension system to give it superior terrain negotiation abilities. Powered by two RTGs and solar panels, it can transport three kerbals and any load attached to its two docking ports across any surface.

Information
- Six-wheeled all terrain vehicle
- Capable of negotiating a variety of terrain obstacles
- Safe. The crew is protected by an impact tolerant shell (see video, where the crew compartment survives disassembly)

Operational Guide:
1 - activate six wheel drive mode - best used for high speed long distance driving over fairly even terrain
2 - activate rear wheel steering - best used for low speed maneuvering

Do not activate staging, as this will lead to the rapid disassembly of the vehicle

To enter the vehicle, drop down the rear ladder after activating the parking brakes. This will allow access to the front driver's seat.

Link:
http://kerbal.curseforge.com/shareables/232370-prowler-c4c-atv-all-terrain-vehicle

r2E45Sm.png

Me likey! Want to test! +rep

Curse DL is up! Thanks! Feel free to add/modify to it (and upload). I basically build craft until they reach my level of satisfaction but I'm sure there are things which could be redone/remade.

That's an interesting suspension design, though unfortunately, not applicable to the Dawn Racer. It's just too heavy and fast. :(

I'm curious as to why it's so springy though. Might have to take it for testing...

That's an interesting suspension design, though unfortunately, not applicable to the Dawn Racer. It's just too heavy and fast. :(

I'm curious as to why it's so springy though. Might have to take it for testing...

Thanks!

It's probably down to the fact that there are three layers of suspension:

1: the wheel parts themselves have some suspension, which isn't very springy, but enough to negotiate small bumps in the terrain smoothly

2: the stack decouplers extending from the main frame of the vehicle out to the wheel nodes. The lower set dampens lateral movement of the wheels (preventing them from drifting off-direction and causing a crash) while the upper set is the main 'vertical motion dampener' and is most efficient at high speed impacts

3: chassis suspension, which is very springy, and gives the vehicle a very 'elastic' feel. It's mostly seen in high speed impacts as well, and dampens the shock of landing on the lower parts of the vehicle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.