[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

3 hours ago, corgi_dude_88 said:

alright SIR so it seems as though ive correctly installed the mod but when i fly the rocket the pod basicly forgets about the decoupler and sinks into the spot bellow it 

Could you give me a little more information?  Are you using any other mods?  Are you using the included craft-files, if so, which one, or are you building the ship on your own?

2 hours ago, corgi_dude_88 said:

well im using the old ships cause the new ones still do that and im loading it in

Try completely removing the ShadowWorks folder from your GameData directory and all of the craft files and subassemblies and re-download and install the mod.  There could be a problem using the older craft files with the new versions of the parts.  I did change the center of mass and center of lift offsets on the Orion pod, which may cause problems if you use the older craft files.  I'm not sure what else could be causing the issue.

2 hours ago, corgi_dude_88 said:

nope didnt help

hm heres a list of things i did that caused the craft to break

turning it

x2 time warp

moving it right left foward or backward

absouloutly nothing

What other mods do you have installed, if any?  I'm not sure what's going on as I have not experienced this issue, nor has anyone reported this issue before.  Can you post a screenshot, or your KSP.log file from a time that the issue occurs?

1 hour ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

What's in store for us next shadow?

I posted a full list of upcoming parts a few posts back, but basically it will be the Earth Departure Stage with two different engine mount parts that will allow for 1x and 2x J-2X engines, the Altair Lander, Jupiter DIRECT engine mount and upper stage, and any accompanying decouplers and/or adapters that may be required.

I've also determined that with the recent changes to FXModuleAnimateThrottle I will be able to introduce the extending nozzles on the RL10-Bs.  The recent change made throttle dependence optional, so I could made the animation state dependent, it may mean that the nozzles will retract when they are cutoff, but should extend once it is running again.  This, along with the fact that the Jupiter DIRECT upper stage uses 6x RL10s necessitates a remodel of the RL10s.  I intend to make the engines more realistic at least in terms of geometry, we'll see how the texturing goes.  I have already remodeled the SSME to test some new approaches to modeling the engines.  I think it turned out okay, but it's not quite done yet and I don't have any renders to show.  I've also already modeled the EDS, its two engine mounts, and Jupiter upper stage but haven't textured them yet.  When I get some textures on them I'll post some renders.

23 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

I posted a full list of upcoming parts a few posts back, but basically it will be the Earth Departure Stage with two different engine mount parts that will allow for 1x and 2x J-2X engines, the Altair Lander, Jupiter DIRECT engine mount and upper stage, and any accompanying decouplers and/or adapters that may be required.

I've also determined that with the recent changes to FXModuleAnimateThrottle I will be able to introduce the extending nozzles on the RL10-Bs.  The recent change made throttle dependence optional, so I could made the animation state dependent, it may mean that the nozzles will retract when they are cutoff, but should extend once it is running again.  This, along with the fact that the Jupiter DIRECT upper stage uses 6x RL10s necessitates a remodel of the RL10s.  I intend to make the engines more realistic at least in terms of geometry, we'll see how the texturing goes.  I have already remodeled the SSME to test some new approaches to modeling the engines.  I think it turned out okay, but it's not quite done yet and I don't have any renders to show.  I've also already modeled the EDS, its two engine mounts, and Jupiter upper stage but haven't textured them yet.  When I get some textures on them I'll post some renders.

cool when will that come out?

4 hours ago, corgi_dude_88 said:

Dmagic orbital science, tweak scale Ballonchutes i cant remember the name but i also have deepfreeze continued and crowed sourced science

ILL SEND A SCREENSHOT LATER

Try removing Tweakscale and see if that changes anything.  Beyond that I will need to see your KSP.log file from a launch when the issue occurs.

1 hour ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

cool when will that come out?

When I complete the models and textures, I'll release the parts.

5 hours ago, corgi_dude_88 said:

now that im in i?

I assume you mean once you're in the game?  Once in the game, launch one of the craft that has been giving you the problem.  After the ship caves in on itself and you and it falls apart, revert to the VAB, then quit the game as you normally would.  Then upload your KSP.log file, perhaps to that website you made.  So long as I can look at it to see what if any error messages are being thrown.

• 3 weeks later...

While the ISS SAW SW-SAW-01 is a wonderful part, at only 8.0 EC/s maximum output, it feels woefully underpowered (and probably underpriced as well).  For something of that size, I'd expect it to output 8x to 12x the power of a single gigantor and cost/mass about 10x as much.  The radiation properties should probably be 500W instead of 250W since there are two radiators about the same size as the "medium" stock.

With an output of 250 EC/s, it would be competitive and useful out at Duna (0.43x output) / Dres (0.11x output) distances.  Even for stations with power demands of 50 EC/s (some MKS/OKS stuff).

The custom version that I'm using is:

• entryCost = 250000
  • cost = 40000
  • mass = 5.0
  • each of the four panels, chargeRate = 80.0
  • radiator, maxEnergyTransfer = 25000

P.S. Increasing the mass to 5.0 was probably a very bad idea as it summoned the kraken when I docked a vessel at the other end.  Having a heavy moving part at the end of a long station arm caused docking ships to explode whenever they touched the docking port...

Edited by WuphonsReach

On January 2, 2016 at 6:14 PM, WuphonsReach said:

While the ISS SAW SW-SAW-01 is a wonderful part, at only 8.0 EC/s maximum output, it feels woefully underpowered (and probably underpriced as well).  For something of that size, I'd expect it to output 8x to 12x the power of a single gigantor and cost/mass about 10x as much.  The radiation properties should probably be 500W instead of 250W since there are two radiators about the same size as the "medium" stock.

With an output of 250 EC/s, it would be competitive and useful out at Duna (0.43x output) / Dres (0.11x output) distances.  Even for stations with power demands of 50 EC/s (some MKS/OKS stuff).

The custom version that I'm using is:

• entryCost = 250000
  • cost = 40000
  • mass = 5.0
  • each of the four panels, chargeRate = 80.0
  • radiator, maxEnergyTransfer = 25000

P.S. Increasing the mass to 5.0 was probably a very bad idea as it summoned the kraken when I docked a vessel at the other end.  Having a heavy moving part at the end of a long station arm caused docking ships to explode whenever they touched the docking port...

Thanks for the feedback.  Most of the values were just placeholders, and I completely agree that the values do need to be much higher than they are now.  I'll apply your changes to the next update, maybe with the mass at 2.5 since you mentioned it causes problems when set to 5.0.

I haven't been posting any updates as I've recently gotten a new computer and haven't continued making the remaining models for the next update.  As the 1.1 update is inching ever-closer I think it will be best to hold off any kind of release until then.

The other item that is way out of proportion is the Shuttle OMS Engine (SW-ME-01).  With an Isp of 632 Vac, it's way above the 240-340 Isp Vac of the other monoprop engines.  

I'm really leery now of increasing the mass of the ISS SAW SW-SAW-01, I haven't gone back and tested it at higher mass values.  

Pictures of the solar panel when compared to others from stock / mods.  Also a picture of the station that I was attempting to use this on.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8opBfkYYvf3dGd1TTE1Vnk4TG8&usp=sharing

The (4) smaller solar panels are from FASA, Tantares, stock and possibly another mod. 

As you can see, due to the size of the SW-SAW-01, I had to put it at the end of a very long FT-218 2.5m tank (length is approximately equivalent to 3x Jumbo-64 tanks).  Doing it that way means that it has a very long lever arm to work with, and since it's animated and reacts quickly to movement, I think it was causing anything that tries to dock at the far end to explode on touch.

Wonder if the whole thing should be scaled down in size by 50%... then each of the four panels putting out 32 EC/s would be about right when compared to the FASA/Tantares panels, giving 128 EC/s for the entire array.

On January 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM, WuphonsReach said:

The other item that is way out of proportion is the Shuttle OMS Engine (SW-ME-01).  With an Isp of 632 Vac, it's way above the 240-340 Isp Vac of the other monoprop engines.  

I'm really leery now of increasing the mass of the ISS SAW SW-SAW-01, I haven't gone back and tested it at higher mass values.  

Pictures of the solar panel when compared to others from stock / mods.  Also a picture of the station that I was attempting to use this on.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8opBfkYYvf3dGd1TTE1Vnk4TG8&usp=sharing

The (4) smaller solar panels are from FASA, Tantares, stock and possibly another mod. 

As you can see, due to the size of the SW-SAW-01, I had to put it at the end of a very long FT-218 2.5m tank (length is approximately equivalent to 3x Jumbo-64 tanks).  Doing it that way means that it has a very long lever arm to work with, and since it's animated and reacts quickly to movement, I think it was causing anything that tries to dock at the far end to explode on touch.

Wonder if the whole thing should be scaled down in size by 50%... then each of the four panels putting out 32 EC/s would be about right when compared to the FASA/Tantares panels, giving 128 EC/s for the entire array.

The ISP on the Shuttle OMS is high because of the amount of monopropellant in the Shuttle and its need to supply orbital insertion and de-orbit burns as well as any on-orbit maneuvers and the RCS motors.  I also wanted it to be forgiving, so to maintain the current performance i would have to lower both the ISP and thrust, which would increase the burn times, which could be problematic for some orbital insertion maneuvers.  If you want to play around with the numbers, that's perfectly fine.

As for the SAW, did the original mass values cause the station to explode on touching?  Also, where is the approximate center-of-mass in relation to the SAWs?  The SAW is scaled with the 2.5m ISS station modules, so I can't really scale them down without scaling down the rest of truss segment and docking ports.  The ISS SAWs are exceptionally large, especially when compared to Skylab's and Salyut/Mir arrays.  I could include a 50% scaled version of the SAW for use with interplanetary vessels in the next update along with the current version.

Here are a couple of progress renders of the RS-25 and RL10.  There are a few more pieces of geometry that need to be added, like the coolant lines on the RS-25 nozzle, and the components for the movable nozzle extension on the RL10.

RL10:

gelMWAS.png

RS-25

CnBeEcJ.png

Edited by TheShadow1138

Sup TheShadow1138.

I saw your mod when I went looking for SLS mods. I had a read of your description and photos and decided to download your mod. When It had finished downloading I clicked on the zip folder and then the file appeared. I then put the zip folder into the bin and deleted it. Then I opened KSP_osx and opened gamedata. I then put your mod folder ( without the zip code folder.) Into the gamedata. I then open KSP and none of your parts are there.

I think this is classed as troubleshooting because I get very upset when I download a mod and it does not work. Now that I am on the KSP forums I can ask question about how to do things in KSP. The same thing happens with Raster Prop Monitor. I download the mod and a lot more buttons are there but the little television screen or monitors are not there. I keep thinking it is something to do with downloading it or if there is a bug. Or maybe the file did not completely load. I don't know but I would like to ask you if you have any tips on downloading your mod for KSP 1.0.5. I have checked the version and everything matches up.

Maybe It's just a bug.

I don't know. :huh::confused:

So I though I would ask the mod maker himself to give me a few tips.

Tips and answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all out there who can answer this question.

So just a recap. 

I need to know why that when I download Shadowworks' mod for the SLS and orion, none of his parts are there.

Dr.K Kerbal.

:cool:

Edited by Dr.K Kerbal

1 hour ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

Sup TheShadow1138.

I saw your mod when I went looking for SLS mods. I had a read of your description and photos and decided to download your mod. When It had finished downloading I clicked on the zip folder and then the file appeared. I then put the zip folder into the bin and deleted it. Then I opened KSP_osx and opened gamedata. I then put your mod folder ( without the zip code folder.) Into the gamedata. I then open KSP and none of your parts are there.

I think this is classed as troubleshooting because I get very upset when I download a mod and it does not work. Now that I am on the KSP forums I can ask question about how to do things in KSP. The same thing happens with Raster Prop Monitor. I download the mod and a lot more buttons are there but the little television screen or monitors are not there. I keep thinking it is something to do with downloading it or if there is a bug. Or maybe the file did not completely load. I don't know but I would like to ask you if you have any tips on downloading your mod for KSP 1.0.5. I have checked the version and everything matches up.

Maybe It's just a bug.

I don't know. :huh::confused:

So I though I would ask the mod maker himself to give me a few tips.

Tips and answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all out there who can answer this question.

So just a recap. 

I need to know why that when I download Shadowworks' mod for the SLS and orion, none of his parts are there.

Dr.K Kerbal.

:cool:

I'm more than happy to help.  You said that you un-zipped the download and then placed the resultant folder into your "KSP_osx/GameData" folder, if I'm understanding you correctly.  If that is the case then after you un-zipped the download you ended up with a folder entitled "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_3_1", and that is the folder that you placed in your "KSP_osx/GameData" folder, which is why the parts aren't showing up correctly.  I'll list the steps to properly install the mod.

1. Un-zip the downloaded file, if OS X did not automatically do so.
  2. Open the resultant folder "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_3_1".  There will be three folders ("AlternateSLSWhiteTextues", "GameData", "Ships") and three ".txt" files ("Intallation.txt", "PartsList.txt", and "Readme & License.txt").
  3. Open the "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_3_1/GameData" folder and place the "ShadowWorks" folder into your "KSP_osx/GameData" folder.  This is the basic installation of the parts.
  4. To get the craft files open the "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_3_1/Ships/VAB" folder all of those .craft files can be placed either in your save's "Ships/VAB" folder, or the master "KSP_osx/Ships/VAB" folder if you so wish.  I will note that the Setesh craft files, OrionCM LAS.craft, ET and SRBs.craft, Orion SM.craft, and SLS Core.craft may be best used as sub-assemblies

The "AlternateSLSWhiteTextures" folder contains the SLS black and white tank textures if you prefer those over the now default orange, you only need to replace the textures in their regular locations with those alternate textures.  I hope that helps get you up and running, but if you have any other troubles I'll do what I can to help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.