[PART] [1.8.0 - 1.12+] ShadowWorks - Stockalike SLS, Delta IV, and More v2.0.5.1 Waterfall Edition [8-11-2021]

TheShadow1138

Ok.

I am on KSP and I am about to download the mod. Here goes... Also, I would like to thanks "TheShadow1138 for his tips and information about installing the mod.

While it is downloading, I would like to say that I am downloading it on Kerbal Stuff. Not on curse forge. If that has anything to do with the problem, tell me as soon as possible. I am using an Apple mac computer so if that also has to do with anything please also tell me about that. 80%...90%..

100%!

I am now unzipping the folder. Wait. there is no zip folder. The folder is just there already. Hm. The computer must of unzipped it already. :P

KSP_osx is now opening. If TheShadow1138 saidOpen the folder and put the folders inside the folders into the matching folders, that is what I am doing right now...

Ok. I have done all of those things and now I am crossing my fingers and hoping that all the parts ( And ships. I am really bad at building the mod ships close to the exact way they are supposed to be built) will be there. 

Opening KSP.

And..........

Nothing. Oh well. I guess I will just have to build it stock. But don't feel bad. Because I can show you a SLS That I have made with the only mod in use is Modular Rocket Systems.

If I can figure out how to insert a picture.

Of my own that is in the KSP_osx.

Ok. New topic. 

Somebody please tell me how to insert a picture from your ksp folder.

Dr. K Kerbal

:cool:

55 minutes ago, Dr.K Kerbal said:

Ok.

I am on KSP and I am about to download the mod. Here goes... Also, I would like to thanks "TheShadow1138 for his tips and information about installing the mod.

While it is downloading, I would like to say that I am downloading it on Kerbal Stuff. Not on curse forge. If that has anything to do with the problem, tell me as soon as possible. I am using an Apple mac computer so if that also has to do with anything please also tell me about that. 80%...90%..

100%!

I am now unzipping the folder. Wait. there is no zip folder. The folder is just there already. Hm. The computer must of unzipped it already. :P

KSP_osx is now opening. If TheShadow1138 saidOpen the folder and put the folders inside the folders into the matching folders, that is what I am doing right now...

Ok. I have done all of those things and now I am crossing my fingers and hoping that all the parts ( And ships. I am really bad at building the mod ships close to the exact way they are supposed to be built) will be there. 

Opening KSP.

And..........

Nothing. Oh well. I guess I will just have to build it stock. But don't feel bad. Because I can show you a SLS That I have made with the only mod in use is Modular Rocket Systems.

If I can figure out how to insert a picture.

Of my own that is in the KSP_osx.

Ok. New topic. 

Somebody please tell me how to insert a picture from your ksp folder.

Dr. K Kerbal

:cool:

The mod is only on KerbalStuff, so that isn't the issue, and I too am a Mac user, all of the models, textures, and config files were made on a Mac, so that definitely isn't the problem.  Is your save a Career, or Science mode game, or are you in Sandbox mode?  If you are in a Career or Science game mode then the parts may not show up  if you haven't unlocked the necessary tech nodes.  If you are in Sandbox mode, however, they would be showing up barring an installation or other issue.  Also, do you have any other mods besides Modular Rocket Systems installed?

Make sure that the folder you put into "KSP_osx/GameData" is the "ShadowWorks" folder from the download located at "ShadowWorks_Stockalike_SLS_1_3_1/GameData/ShadowWorks".  If you did that correctly then your KSP GameData folder should have a folder called "ShadowWorks" in their with the "Squad" folder and any other mod folders you have installed.  Inside that ShadowWorks folder should be four (4) folders and two (2) ModuleManager configs that won't be used if you don't have ModuleManager, or the mods they reference.  So it should look something like this:

KSP_osx
     GameData
          ShadowWorks
                _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg
                _ShadowWorks_RealPlume.cfg
                Flags
                Parts
                Props
                Spaces
          Squad

If you want to post pictures, the best way is to sign up for an Imgur account or some other image hosting service and upload them there.  Then to put them in a post, copy the URL of the image and click the "Insert other media" button in the bottom left of the post editor and select "insert image from URL", then just paste the URL of the image and click the button.

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble getting the mod installed and working.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RoketMan said:

Either my internet is slow today, or Kerbal Stuff is down. . . :confused: OK, CKAN said error, Kerbal stuff is down! Or at least yours is. :( Is there another download?

Unfortunately KerbalStuff is the only download.  I just tried KerbalStuff (3:55 PM EST) and it downloaded fine.  Try it again, if you haven't already.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to update everyone.  As I'm sure many of you have heard, KerbalStuff has been shutdown leaving no available download for ShadowWorks.  Until the successor to KerbalStuff is up and running I have added a Dropbox download link to the the most recent version (v1.3.1).  If you already have v1.3.1 from KerbalStuff then you don't need to do anything.

New Download:

ShadowWorks v1.3.1 on Dropbox

I am still going to update the mod once KSP v1.1 hits, so work is ongoing, albeit slow, but ongoing.

I just wanted to say that I really like the artistic work on your space station pieces; they look very clean and metallic and even seem to work well at a number of resolutions. They also blend in well with the Tantares space station mod packs, and a few others. Very well done! By the way, are the grid marks ladders (I covered over them with external ladders without testing it before hand)?

Minor complaint: the lab doesn't have a hatch? I even added the Odyssey Airlock, which specifically mentions it's for EVAs, but I still can't do EVAs from the lab. I might be doing something wrong, but I currently have 4 kerbals floating around the Mun in an empty lab with nothing to do and no door:(. Whoops.

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I just wanted to say that I really like the artistic work on your space station pieces; they look very clean and metallic and even seem to work well at a number of resolutions. They also blend in well with the Tantares space station mod packs, and a few others. Very well done! By the way, are the grid marks ladders (I covered over them with external ladders without testing it before hand)?

Minor complaint: the lab doesn't have a hatch? I even added the Odyssey Airlock, which specifically mentions it's for EVAs, but I still can't do EVAs from the lab. I might be doing something wrong, but I currently have 4 kerbals floating around the Mun in an empty lab with nothing to do and no door:(. Whoops.

Cheers.

Thank you very much for the compliment.  The grid marks are ladders, so you shouldn't need to attach ladders of your own.

I had a look at the Odyssey Airlock and realized to my horror that I had not given it any crew capacity, so it could never perform the task it was meant to fulfill.  I also realized that it has an engine staging icon (that's what I get for editing other cfgs to make new ones).  To fix the airlock, open the config located in "ShadowWorks/Parts/StationParts/OdysseyAirlock/OdysseyAirlock.cfg" and change "stagingIcon = LIQUID_ENGINE" to "CrewCapacity = 2".  You should then be able to right-click the science module (Destiny) and select "Transfer Crew" to transfer one or two kerbals to the Odyssey airlock and EVA from there.

With SpaceDock up and running I'll get the mod on there and include the change to this and a slight change to the RealChutes config (it could cause problems in its current state if you don't have RealChutes, thanks to Moarmau5 for catching this issue.) 

Rock on, thought it was just me. As a bonus, I got a tourist contract to fly some people out to visit the lab for the 2.5 times the price of what it cost me to launch the thing in the first place, so no complaints!

I do have the RealChutes mod installed, but none on the station at the moment.

One more thing that did happen (not a very lucky lab), and this usually only happens when you use TweakScale on command modules (or modules that have crew capacity I think), is the proportions seem off. I visited it again to double check the odyssey airlock eva thing and the lab had "swallowed" the airlock almost entirely -- it seems to have expanded in size on me, when I'm pretty sure I never tweaked it's size in the first place. This might be a one off thing, or an issue on my end, since I've had it happen to me before (and I'm pretty sure it's a known bug of tweakscale). If this is the first you've heard of this happening, then it's probably something on my end.

Either way, thanks for checking out the Airlock issue.

25 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Rock on, thought it was just me. As a bonus, I got a tourist contract to fly some people out to visit the lab for the 2.5 times the price of what it cost me to launch the thing in the first place, so no complaints!

I do have the RealChutes mod installed, but none on the station at the moment.

One more thing that did happen (not a very lucky lab), and this usually only happens when you use TweakScale on command modules (or modules that have crew capacity I think), is the proportions seem off. I visited it again to double check the odyssey airlock eva thing and the lab had "swallowed" the airlock almost entirely -- it seems to have expanded in size on me, when I'm pretty sure I never tweaked it's size in the first place. This might be a one off thing, or an issue on my end, since I've had it happen to me before (and I'm pretty sure it's a known bug of tweakscale). If this is the first you've heard of this happening, then it's probably something on my end.

Either way, thanks for checking out the Airlock issue.

I do believe that the scaling issue is due to the bug with root parts using MODEL{} nodes and TweakScale, even if the part wasn't actually scaled using TweakScale.  I'm not sure if anyone else has reported a similar issue with my parts earlier.  You could try going to map view and then back to the station to see if that corrects the issue.  If that doesn't work, you could replace the MODEL{} node in the DestinyModule.cfg with "mesh = DestinyModule.mu", and that should correct it if I am remembering correctly.

So if I'm reading you right, I replace:

MODEL
{
    model = ShadowWorks/Parts/StationModules/DestinyModule/DestinyModule
    scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

with:

MODEL
{
    mesh = DestinyModule.mu
}

which, I'm guessing, effectively removes the lab's ability to be Tweak'd? Neat!

Um, do I still need the "model = ..."?

Oh, and do I need to do the full file path (ShadowWorks/Parts/...)? I'm guessing yes, looking at the above.

I saw an old MM config that made it so command modules couldn't be Tweak'd, that would probably do the same thing yeah? I might dig that up and apply it, since this has happened to be a number of times before (just the first time with your mod), and it would fix/prevent this issue globally. Still cool to know how this stuff works, at least a little bit better.

32 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

So if I'm reading you right, I replace:

MODEL
{
    scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

with:

MODEL
{
    mesh = DestinyModule.mu
}

which, I'm guessing, effectively removes the lab's ability to be Tweak'd? Neat!

Um, do I still need the "model = ..."?

Oh, and do I need to do the full file path (ShadowWorks/Parts/...)? I'm guessing yes, looking at the above.

I saw an old MM config that made it so command modules couldn't be Tweak'd, that would probably do the same thing yeah? I might dig that up and apply it, since this has happened to be a number of times before (just the first time with your mod), and it would fix/prevent this issue globally. Still cool to know how this stuff works, at least a little bit better.

Replace

MODEL
{
    scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

with

mesh = DestinyModule.mu
scale = 1

Leave the "rescaleFactor" alone, and hopefully it should work as expected.  It might be a good idea to look for that old MM config as a backup.

Hot damn! So I tried my MM config idea first, because I figured it was "safest." Didn't work. I was about to make the lab play a game of "Kiss the Mun" when I figured I would try your idea after all, since if it didn't work, you might want to know that too. Well, it worked. And the Odyssey Airlock works now too.

Thanks again, again.

8 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Hot damn! So I tried my MM config idea first, because I figured it was "safest." Didn't work. I was about to make the lab play a game of "Kiss the Mun" when I figured I would try your idea after all, since if it didn't work, you might want to know that too. Well, it worked. And the Odyssey Airlock works now too.

Thanks again, again.

Awesome.  I'll probably move all of the station modules away from using MODEL{} nodes when I upload to SpaceDock just to be safe.

8 minutes ago, VASMIR said:

Is this RSS compatible?

I built it for stock KSP, and don't have any RSS configs for the parts unfortunately.  I don't use RSS myself, and I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to make compatible configs.  If anyone has made RSS configs for my parts, I would be happy to put a link to a download in the OP if they wish.

Update: Version 1.3.2

Change Log
v1.3.2
-----------------------

* Corrected an issue with _ShadowWorks_RealChutes.cfg that could cause problems if RealChutes is not installed.
* Fixed the Odyssey Airlock to actually add crew capacity so that it can be used as an airlock
* Changed all Space Station modules to remove the MODEL{} node to help prevent the scaling bug from cropping up.

This is a small update that corrects a few minor issues and marks the beginning of ShadowWorks availability on SpaceDock.

yGj06ac.png

Edited by TheShadow1138

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Looking forward to the 1.1 when you have time.

Great mod.  Use it for most flights.

Good fun.

Cheers.

Thanks, glad to hear you enjoy the mod.  The semester is coming to an end soon, so I'll have some more time to work on the update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.