[Suggestion] [Daily Kerbal] Replace the "Twitch Thursday" with a "Spacecraft Thursday".

windows_x_seven

What's your opinion?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion?

• I think that it should be replaced by a "Spacecraft Thursday".
    • I do not think that it should be replaced.
    • I think that it should be replaced, but not by a "Spacecraft Thursday".

I like the idea of "Spacecraft Thursdays", but not as described. How about actual spacecraft news, like the pictures from Dawn and New Horizons at the moment?

I agree that twitch Thursday needs to change though. I sometimes watch twitch streams live, and they're linked on the forums anyway, but how many people will actually watch the catch-up type things, except maybe squadcast?

I like the idea of "Spacecraft Thursdays", but not as described. How about actual spacecraft news, like the pictures from Dawn and New Horizons at the moment?

I agree that twitch Thursday needs to change though. I sometimes watch twitch streams live, and they're linked on the forums anyway, but how many people will actually watch the catch-up type things, except maybe squadcast?

The Daily Kerbal

I approve of this idea.

KSP is a hard game to stream, and because streaming is scheduled (almost never in sync with the featuring), showcasing the mass of awesomeness in the Spacecraft Exchange would be fantastic. New, innovative, and/or popular craft of the week get their spotlights then.

M̶y̶ ̶e̶v̶i̶l̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶k̶e̶r̶b̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ I mean, uh, thanks for the positive support!

I think it should be replaced by "Spacecraft Thursday" but we should really be featuring stuff that gets buried under things that are already popular (meaning don't immediately start spotlighting Vagani).

On the other hand, streamers should be spotlighted once in a while as well. They take a lot of time out of their day to share their fun with others and it shouldn't go to waste.

Maybe alternate between streamers and crafts?

Edited by longbyte1

How about instead of replacing it, a user or a moderator could do a ' craft of the week.' Maybe as a pinned topic.

The Twitch Thursdays don't get much attention. IMO it should get replaced with something more view-worthy.

AFAIK there's a "craft of the month" thingy on the Spacecraft Exchange subforum already, it gets much more views than Twitch Thursdays. Why not replace it?

(although what you said is basically replacing Twitch Thursdays, afaik KasperVld is the guy who makes The Daily Kerbal and he's part of the staff so...)

Squad have and are showing support to Twitch streamers, streamers who are putting in their time and effort showcasing the game. It would be a slap in the face to them to suddenly stop Twitch Thursdays.

Squad have and are showing support to Twitch streamers, streamers who are putting in their time and effort showcasing the game. It would be a slap in the face to them to suddenly stop Twitch Thursdays.

Did you see the view comparison that I put in the first page?

Twitch Thursday is the topic that gets the less views of all the others, and most of the times the streamers aren't even streaming.

That's already a slap in the face, because most of the people are uninterested in the Twitch Thursdays (see comparison on page 1).

Why have something that supposedly "give merit" to streamers, when most people don't even bother checking it?

I think that it's much more efficient to give merit to something that will have more views, because people are more interested in it.

Twitch Thursdays is like receiving a big prize, but with nobody to see you receive it. That's why I think that it should be replaced.

Why have something that supposedly

(By the way, there's the "featured streamer" on the right of the forum's homepage, that doesn't need to get removed. It would still show support to streamers.)

Plus, there's already a Video Wednesday. It's not much different IMHO - The same streamers for Twitch Thursdays can be featured there as well, in case this Spacecraft Thursday thing does happen.

I feel like you're counting down the days to see if this became a thing.

Also I approve of your New Horizons sig comment after seeing what that little thing can do.

I am counting them down.

I think this is a good idea.

I'll have a word with KasperVld.

In the queue for the rest of the day are business enquiries and social media planning, as well as publishing an article I’ve been working on with Ted.

Oh, I'm going to count down the heck out of the days before Thursday.

I am counting them down.

Oh, I'm going to count down the heck out of the days before Thursday.

Heheh, I totally knew it.

My only concern is that they'll feature lots of very clippy stock replicas and not simple-yet-practical designs or something that uses a few mods (ignoring super clipped, super modded, B9 monstrosities that require ATM just to load the game for probably wont garner many hard feelings, but they should still be shown on occasion).

Edited by Captain Sierra
sig

Heheh, I totally knew it.

My only concern is that they'll feature lots of very clippy stock replicas and not simple-yet-practical designs or something that uses a few mods (ignoring super clipped, super modded, B9 monstrosities that require ATM just to load the game for probably wont garner many hard feelings, but they should still be shown on occasion).

Yeah, I hope for stock only.

[V]ery clippy stock replicas.

AHH! THE PAIN!! My poor little replicas!!!!!! Really, though, I hope that it's a mix of different kinds of stock craft.

Yeah, I hope for stock only.

AHH! THE PAIN!! My poor little replicas!!!!!! Really, though, I hope that it's a mix of different kinds of stock craft.

Stock only? Are you biased against the use of mods? :P

THere are some great craft that dont get any attention because they don't look as awesome as your y-wing or they use 2 mods. The stock elitism on this forum infuriates me (this is not aimed at you in the slightest).

Stock only? Are you biased against the use of mods? :P

THere are some great craft that dont get any attention because they don't look as awesome as your y-wing or they use 2 mods. The stock elitism on this forum infuriates me (this is not aimed at you in the slightest).

Hear hear. The only time mods are a disadvantage when it comes to this sort of thing is when crafts are meant to be instructional or for people new to the game. Past that it's your game, but not your forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.