Assault on Pirate Island! [BD Armory required]

7TjxyvC.jpg

The challenge:

Build 1 aircraft and use it to rescue Jeb, Bill, and Bob from the bloodthirsty pirates. Participants will be ranked based upon their speed and combat ability (details below). You must have a "weapon manager" installed on you plane, and you must be set to "team B" for your attempt.

I have prepared a save file for this challenge: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l2dqsildlmeic1/Assault%20on%20Pirate%20Island%21.rar?dl=0

Extract the "Assault on Pirate Island!" folder into your KSP Directory (Similar to installing a mod). It goes in the "saves folder" ->\Kerbal Space Program\saves.

Mods:

This challenge requires the BD Armory mod available here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85209-1-0-2-BDArmory-v0-8-3-(critical-fixes-improved-AI)-Dev-Thread-May-30 .

Make sure your physics distance is at least 15000 m (alt-b to open the settings)

2TGq1WZ.png

Allowed:

All information and piloting mods. (KER, MechJeb, Pilot assistant, etc)

FAR - I haven't tried this, but if you want to use it go ahead

Part Pack mods (as long as they are balanced)

Banned:

Anything other weapons mods

Cheat Menu

Hyper Edit

If you have a mod you want to use and it's not mentioned here, ask and I'll add it to the list.

Scoring:

Participants will be scored using combination of time, and weapons load-out. Your base score is the mission time when you come to a complete stop at the KSC with Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Valentina aboard your plane (preferably on the runway, but close is fine). On top if this time, there will be a penalty for every weapon you are carrying at takeoff and for using guard mode / AI pilot to fight your battles. This is a challenge of your combat ability, so carry only what you need to get the job done.

Penalties:

15 seconds for every missile or bomb (all types)

30 seconds for every gun (ammo cans are free)

45 seconds for every countermeasures pod

3 minutes if you engage guard mode at any point

3 minutes if you engage AI auto pilot at any point

Make a video (preferred) or imgur album that shows your plane on take off, landed at pirate island, and returned to a stop at KSC. Try and include some fighting if you can (I knows its hard to remember screenshots when you're dodging missiles!)

Here is proof that this challenge is possible to complete:

Mission Time: 14:15

Penalties: 10:30 [22 missiles/bombs, 1 Gun, 6 countermeasures, No Guard mode, No AI Pilot]

Final Score: 24:45

Leaderboard:

Edited by t3hJimmer

I would love to try this challenge, but I am new to bd armory. How do I make the turrets and planes attack me?

I forgot to mention that in the OP *fixed*

Make sure your plane has a weapon manager installed (its part of the BD Armory mod - everything for that is under the utilities tab). As long as your set to "team B" in the weapon manager they will attack you :D

Don't turn on guard mode unless you want the AI to fire weapons for you.

I thought this challenge died on take off. I'm glad to see some interest in it.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you rescute someone?

Save them with kerbal love XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.