The KSP Forum Plays Europa Universalis IV

Rainbowtrout

Hello queens and kings, let's play some EU4! For those unaware of this amazing game, Europa Universalis IV (Often shortened to EUIV/EU4) is a grand strategy game (fourth in it's series), developed by Paradox! You control a nation of your choosing (Or creation, with the El Dorado DLC) and lead it through the turbulent times of the Early Modern Period (Specifically 1444-1821), and can do many things, ranging from diplomacy to trade to conflict to colonialism, and most things in between. I've been playing for a good 320 hours, so I know my way around the game. The (gameplay) DLCs that I will be using are:

• Conquest of Paradise
  • Res Publica
  • Wealth of Nations
  • Art of War
  • El Dorado
  • Women in History

No Common Sense, as I do not have it. *cries*

This thread is inspired by this really cool thread.

So now the first question: Who should we play as?

I'm thinking a custom nation. What should we call it? What religion should it be? Where should it be? What should it be focused on? The flag?

You decide (almost) each and every move!

Le Tiny Print: Updates happen when I choose to. This game is being played alongside my Milan-Italy-Roman Empire Borders run, so progress may be slow. This will be my first time playing on ironman, so please don't mess up the directions too much! Please no OPMs in desolate areas, please no overly OP nations. :)

I'm a solid 20 or 25 hours into a playthrough of sweden right now. I'm lovin' this game :D. We should definitely create a custom nation who prioritizes technology and the recklessness of Jebediah himself, much like the kerbal nation!

I like the tactical strategy of total war (lining up in battle lines, flanking, ect...) to the broad grand strategy of EU, but I greatly anticipate the progress of this thread.

Custom nation idea:

Artemistra

Noble Republic Government

as for the other stuff I have no Ideas. :sticktongue:

GOOD LUCK!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

As I don't have Common Sense, I can't upgrade to an empire. But when we reach 1,000 development, I'll start calling the leaders by the appropriate title.

Who should we rival? Should we eat Ragusa before Venice gets to her?

EDIT: Forgot to turn on ironman ;.;

Edited by Rainbowtrout

Aragon for sure

I will get around to rivalling those filthy spaniards-but-not-quite-spaniards-that-steal-italy.

I agree. Maybe wait for Venice to get to Ragusa then eat the land, try to free Naples in the meantime?

That's a good idea.

Restore the Roman Empire, it's the only way to be sure!

I'm trying to do that in my Italy game. I'll give it a go, but no promises! :P

Do your best to ally yourself with Lithuania. I played a campaign as them in Medieval 2, they are good people :)

In my current play they are a vassal of poland who is my ally. They helped against my war with denmark and muscovy. We won!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.