Well, that was one short career...

Xyphos

When I first started I got offered a contract to send a probe to Eeloo.

Yeah, literally 5 minutes after starting. That's a double face palm-what-the-fart moment.

:P

That isn't completely unreasonable either ;)

It says put them on a suborbital flight, it doesn't say to leave them there till they impact. I wouldn't want to do it anyway, I can only imagine the Delta V required. But theoretically can be completed.

It does take a lot of delta-v. On the other hand, if you get half a dozen tourists all wanting a suborbital on the sun, it can still pay OK. However, it is best done with at least nuclear engines.

I spend a lot of time clicking that red X, too much time IMO.
I know how you feel. It might be cool if Squad added an option where you could disable certain types of contracts. I'm getting tired of all the 'Take these two tourists on a suborbital Kerbin flight' contracts that keep popping up.

It might be cool if Squad added an option where you could disable certain types of contracts. I'm getting tired of all the 'Take these two tourists on a suborbital Kerbin flight' contracts that keep popping up.

I'll go with that. I have no desire to ferry around space tourists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.