[Vote] What places should be featured in my Ratchet & Clank Planets Pack for Kopernicus?

What R&C planets do you want to see in KSP?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What R&C planets do you want to see in KSP?

Hello everyone, The White Guardian here!

I'm a big fan of the Ratchet & Clank game series, and when I learned of the Kopernicus mod, I thought: why not remake some of the planets for KSP?

That's what this thread is about. However, adding all the planets featured in the Ratchet & Clank series will take an awful amount of time, so I'll let you, KSP's awesome and huge community, decide what planets you want to see in Kerbal Space Program.

After a few weeks/months the poll will be closed, and I will start to re-create the four most selected planets.

Another thing the community should know is that the first versions are probably far from completion. When the first 'beta' version is released, please know that it might not be entirely stable, so use at your own risk.

When the first planet pack's first beta is released, a new poll will start, featuring the other planets that didn't make it through the first poll as well as four new planets.

I've already voted on four planets, but now it's your turn. Vote on 1-5 planets in the poll, and select the planets you'd like to see in Kerbal Space Program.

These are the planets you can vote on:

Veldin - an orange, backwater, mountainous planet. The mountains provide an interesting challenge when it comes to landing, though the atmosphere is breathable and oxygen-rich, making it a nice place to use a spaceplane.

Fastoon - a yellow desert planet with huge canyons and scars. The oxygen-rich environment allows the use of air-breathing engines, and the canyons provide some of the most interesting views in the whole galaxy!

Orxon - a polluted, planet. The surface is black, with radioactive, green oceans and thick green clouds that hide the surface from view.

Pokitaru - somewhat like Laythe in terms of gameplay, Pokitaru is basically a tropical, smaller version of Earth. The planet has very little landmass and lots of warm oceans, and the oxygen-rich atmosphere will give you a nice opportunity to use those water-landing skills of yours. Or you can use a spaceplane or excellent aiming/timing to land on one of the isles, your choice.

Kreeli Comet - an icy, large comet with very irregular terrain and a somewhat large gravity well for a body it's size. The Kreeli Comet's surface releases lots of Oxygen-rich gases, giving this comet an oxygen-rich atmosphere in terms of gameplay, making this one of the most odd places in the entire game!

Grelbin - an icy world with huge cliffs, though the cold atmosphere is breathable. Grelbin has lots of violent ice storms, so watch out! Add to that, the planet is not fully frozen - there are small parts still unfrozen, so watch out when trying to land!

Stygia - a stormy, mountainous world. The planet's surface is hidden from view by an everlasting thunderstorm, and only the mountains reach above the clouds. Above the mountains is yet another thundercloud layer, though this one's charge is opposite to the lower clouds' charge, creating powerful discharges through the upper atmosphere. Because the universe is not that cruel, the atmosphere is breathable and allows the use of air-breathig engines.

Eudora - a world covered in a dense rainforest and huge clliffs. Eudora's breathable atmosphere makes it one of the most beautiful places to fly.

Smolg - a white gas giant with an interesting moonsystem. Unlike almost every other gas giant, this gas giant has an oxygen-rich atmosphere, providing a brand-new experience.

Aridia - this orange-brown desert planet has a breathable atmosphere, though it is somewhat thin. Though the atmosphere is purple, it is breathable. The orange-brown surface is not that barren, though: there are oceans of purple acid here and there. No matter what: never touch that acid without at least one layer of protection to shield you from the acid, or else it'll burn right through your skin!

These are the planets you're voting on. Seems interesting enough, huh? Then scroll up and select your favorites!

Disclaimer

I hereby claim no ownership of these planets. The eventual mod and it's maps and codes are my work, though the Ratchet and Clank franchise (including it's incredible planets) belongs to Insomniac Games.

The mod, the planets' maps and their script files for Kopernicus belong to me, though.

The planets' maps belong to me because they are not from the game. The planets' maps will be made using 3D software to re-create them very closely. Because of this, the resulting planets are not identical to Insomniac's planets. The planets are in fact fan art by me, and will also be featured on my DeviantArt page, 'TheWhiteGuardianArt'. However, I do not own the planets' names and the planets they're based off, those belong to Insomniac Games

Edited by The White Guardian

An unpleasant thought here (sorry). Would there be any copyright issues with recreating another games assets without permission?

I believe there are no copyright issues as long as I don't claim ownership of anything that belongs to either Insomniac Games or Sony. Also, I am not using any assets from the Ratchet & Clank games: I am using screenshots from the games to re-create them as closely as possible in 3D software. Because of this, the re-created planets are actually Ratchet and Clank fan art.

To give proper credit, the license will also include a disclaimer in which I, once again, underline that the planets' ideas and Ratchet and Clank in general belong to Insomniac Games.

Of course, these planets belong to Insomniac games. If Insomniac Games prefers this thread (and the eventual mods) gone, I'll remove it immediatly. To Insomniac: no worries, I do not claim ownership of your incredible work and I never will.

OK - just wanted to make sure you had considered it. Personally I would think they would consider this free advertizing (I had not heard of this before and went and looked it up) but sometimes these large companies like to shoot themselves in the foot.

It's been ages since I've heard Ratchet & Clank mentioned. I think I once borrowed one of the games from my nephew, but remember little about it. I always preferred the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games, in fact I still sometimes play them on my PS2. Anyway, I digress. What I was going to say was: Do you think there'll be much interest in such a mod?

It's been ages since I've heard Ratchet & Clank mentioned. I think I once borrowed one of the games from my nephew, but remember little about it. I always preferred the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games, in fact I still sometimes play them on my PS2. Anyway, I digress. What I was going to say was: Do you think there'll be much interest in such a mod?

I don't know how much interest there will be in this mod, and I don't really care. It's just that I never saw a Ratchet and Clank mod for KSP/Kopernicus, so I decided to make one myself. I don't know if this mod will ever be popular, and I don't really care if it'll be popular. As long as someone out there enjoys it, it's been worth all the work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.