You're welcome, feel free to reuse and improve the suspensions design.

The suspensions are simply made of several LV1R compressible engines per wheel, connected to the opposite side with a strut, and a very rigid body. It's all stock but I use the editor extension mod for building.

You're welcome, feel free to reuse and improve the suspensions design.

The suspensions are simply made of several LV1R compressible engines per wheel, connected to the opposite side with a strut, and a very rigid body. It's all stock but I use the editor extension mod for building.

Best suspension? Meh. Not to mention, this type of suspension isn't new.

I'm not asking you to agree with a fact lol. As far as I'm aware there is no other suspension system that doesn't twist the wheels when absorbing force, or if they don't they absorb very minimal amount of force.

This is stable with lot of absorbing power, and versatile as the springs toughness can be changed by removing/adding LV1R.

I've already made a more advanced version by the way, where each wheel has it's own independent pair of LV1R stack, so that a wheel won't affect its mirror opposite when solicitated and maintaining level tire at all time, but it's a bit too part heavy atm for not very noticable improvements and I'm busy with other stuff too.

Yes it is totally new maybe you don't understand how it works I suggest reverse engineering it.

Go ahead for your Mako it looks cool Yukon. Not sure how it will handle with this type of heavy mass though.

I'm not asking you to agree with a fact lol. As far as I'm aware there is no other suspension system that doesn't twist the wheels when absorbing force, or if they don't they absorb very minimal amount of force.

Fair point. But you didn't invent it.

I've already made a more advanced version by the way, where each wheel has it's own independent pair of LV1R stack, so that a wheel won't affect its mirror opposite when solicitated and maintaining level tire at all time, but it's a bit too part heavy atm for not very noticable improvements and I'm busy with other stuff too.

Your "advanced" version is... Having suspension for each wheel? Not to mention, it's been done before.

Yes it is totally new maybe you don't understand how it works I suggest reverse engineering it.

I am perfectly capable of understanding it, please don't insult me. Springy thing=good for suspension. Really. And it isn't totally new: Majorjim made a buggy with it a few weeks ago.

Ok, show me a single thread anterior to this design using the same technique >aka> strutting each end of suspension together.

My technique has never been done before and you can use it in your own crafts by the way (if you understand how it works).

The "advanced version" has for only difference that each wheel is completely individually suspended but works the same.

Majorjim buggy is fine, mine isn't attempting to compete, it simply is better, miles ahead of his, that works only due to that craft's very tiny weight.

hey revancorana.

i try you desgin and i have a suggestion for improved handeling.

flip you probe core so it faces up.

then when you turn on asas the craft will lean in the direction you are turnning.

here's an example:

and yes i made this ten months ago, so i think i was the first to use this technique lol

it was base on my stock moving cargo doors.

Edited by soulreaver1981

hey revancorana.

i try you desgin and i have a suggestion for improved handeling.

flip you probe core so it faces up.

then when you turn on asas the craft will lean in the direction you are turnning.

here's an example:

and yes i made this ten months ago, so i think i was the first to use this technique lol

it was base on my stock moving cargo doors.

Hi

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion sorry lol

Anywho I don't like adding SAS torque to rovers in general, so what I did is link "toggle SAS wheel" to the backspace key so that it enables itself with the engines just when you need some air control.

However your craft is pretty cool too I already saw that vid a while back, I gotta insist the suspension are very different.

Simply put, on mine there is many LV1R (as many as needed that's why it's versatile) per wheel and at the same time it's more stable too, because of the strut that links each side together without restraining compressibility.

Ok, show me a single thread anterior to this design using the same technique >aka> strutting each end of suspension together.

My technique has never been done before and you can use it in your own crafts by the way (if you understand how it works).

The "advanced version" has for only difference that each wheel is completely individually suspended but works the same.

Majorjim buggy is fine, mine isn't attempting to compete, it simply is better, miles ahead of his, that works only due to that craft's very tiny weight.

Heavy IFV

Is there any suspensions at all on these? I tried the 771MLRS and it didnt seem to have any.

Trick for you, if you want effective suspension you need the stiffest frame possible, this is way too wobbly to be effective.

Edited by Vanamonde

OK, donning my asbestos tights

RevanaCortana's suspension in my opinion is better and different than MajorJims (who credits Vagani for his suspension) and also Azimechs. I use versions of MajorJim's suspension on my Rovers and RevanaCortana's suspension is definitely better. No mid wheel flex on maximum steer, and stiff enough to minimise body roll. My opinion is based on having tested my own Rovers a lot and Revana's, MajorJim's and Azimech's. To figure out what's what. i don't know who came up with the multi spider engine originally, but RevanaCortana has tweaked it very well.

If anyone doubts this they can do their own tests but this is two seconds in from using Azimech's, it took longer to load that goddam beautiful beast.

VtCT1M6.png

It's not all roses, Azimech does have suspension tweaks in the form of struts between mid wheels but they don't do enough to stop the above.

Also it's just a plain logical fallacy to claim to have the best suspension. If you are smart enough for this then you are smart enough to understand the black swan fallacy. The absence of black swans does not mean they do not exist. i.e not being able to find better suspension does not mean that better suspension does not exist and to claim it is forum flame bait. :wink:

Cheers Selfish Meme (for professional rover testing call 555 55555)

Having my tanks go on the side has got nothing to do with the quality of the suspension. It's got all to do with having a huge mass with a high CoM, coupled with the fact Squad's wheels don't have the ability to skid. Place the CoM higher on the Mako and you will get the same result, 100% fact.

Anyway ... it's nice to see development of alternative suspensions, and there is some real talent present on this forum. Once we get into different building materials, a different joint system and compact bearings, we'll see new tech that one day might even rival big research institutes and the military-industrial complex.

It's all a matter of time.

A bit of arguing about who's better at this or that is sometimes even refreshing instead of placing forced compliments. As long as it doesn't start a flame war.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.