intolerable ragdolling on minmus

colin_in_space

If I hit the ground even a bit to hard, off we go into ragdool mode. And since the survey missions I am doing is all on slopes,it goes on andon and on and on and on and on and on and on. Waky kerbal bounce physics makes her acctually accelerate on some bounces and shoot in space,

Which means ragdol never ends unless I get lucky while hitting R and RCS restarts.

is this just me? My kerbal jsut bounces 2 KM and shows no signs of stopping.

;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;:huh:

Never ever go to Gilly. If you think the ragdolling is bad on Minmus...

Unless you've got a weird mod interaction, you can fix it by making sure you come down slow and straight to the ground whenever you land. You have no readouts, but your kerbal should essential come to a hovering stop closer to the ground than his/her height. Then stop trusting. I never ragdoll after I do this. If you are still ragdolling then I suspect - as others do - a mod.

Eh. My kerbal recovered out of ragdolling on the Mun in a sideways orientation. And kept it. Gravity still worked, but he'd either float on the jetpack belly down, as I'd press "backwards", or he'd fall, and start rolling and ragdolling again.

It makes me so angry when that happens. I've had guys do it, but girls seem to do it more often. It doesn't happen randomly, although it seems that the tolerances for landing can be pretty tight. I walked into a landing leg on a slope once and flew/tumbled nearly 2km.

It's stupid, even on a light-gravity body. In the real world, friction would be acting to slow things down, and bounces wouldn't accelerate you.

Maybe its a mod problem. FARAM maybe?I have no idea. She is made of rubber.On some small bounces her head goes crazy and he shoots into the air.

KSP has been acting up all evening fact. Getting the dissappearing planets bug as wel.

I don't have anymods on my current install except MechJeb and the same thing is happening. For example it looks like the kerbal is about to stop cartwheeling and all of a sudden it will bounce a very odd angle and 5 times the velocity into the air. This reminds me of the launch pad physics before 0.25, were a vessel of a certain size simply starts hopping higher and higher until it kills itself.

I have a ton of EVA issues, this is not the only one. Another one is when the Kerbal steps out of the pod, the view locks so that you cannot zoom in or out or rotate it. Then you have to hit "]" or "[" or go to space center, "V" wont work. Another problem is with the docking, which is apparently a moot subject so I wont mention it. If the kerbal graps at a grasp it can be thrown away at again 3 or 4 meters per second. In addition if two ships touch each other only slightly on ship will end up being thrown away or into a crazy spin with many time more rotational velocity than was originally apparent. Same thing the kerbals, if they bounce the ship in the right way the ship will develop a crazy faster spin. I've actually used this to restore power to a vessel that had a bad panel/sun angle.

IOW there are a bunch of issues that are in the stock game.

Yeah, the Minmus is too slippery. I mean, If I was sliding across the surface at that low speed I would at least try to stop myself, and Kerbals can not do it. So maybe increase frection coefficient, or make it nonlinear?

IOW there are a bunch of issues that are in the stock game.
Yeah, and that's only the short list. :mad:

StockBugfixModules helps with the kerbal vs. ladder ejection issue, among other things.

This game desperately needs a bugfixing & performance pass. I get that it's supposed to be slightly goofy, but the number of bugs and physics glitches is still increasing with each patch, and it's getting pretty intolerable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.