Windows 10 issue

Manually launch the game as admin by right clicking on KSP.exe then choosing run as admin. If the game works then you may have a permission issue either with steam or ksp. If not, then yeah, video drivers, but probably need to do video drivers anyway.

If you are forcing Opengl without an updated driver, that might be the cause.

I had the exact same trouble, KSP wouldn't launch through Steam, so I tried to use the .exe which worked fine, then I removed -force-opengl and it launched through Steam, then updated my driver to the latest for W10, and it worked again.

(i'm going with the assumption you're forcing opengl)

Edited by mielgato

Vegatoxi, please see [here] and upload your output_log.txt and dxdiag.

Without those everyone is just guessing.

DxDiag

Output Log

- - - Updated - - -

If you are forcing Opengl without an updated driver, that might be the cause.

I had the exact same trouble, KSP wouldn't launch through Steam, so I tried to use the .exe which worked fine, then I removed -force-opengl and it launched through Steam, then updated my driver to the latest for W10, and it worked again.

(i'm going with the assumption you're forcing opengl)

I cant laucnh through .exe too, same sh...

White screen, then "KSP.exe has stopped working"

Where i can find openGL parameters to change?

Also, i'm have the last Nvidia W10 compatible drivers.

Edited by Vegatoxi

Have you tried right clicking KSP.exe then choosing " run with graphics processor -> run with high performance nvidia processor"? Sometimes, getting steam to run games with your nvidia can be tricky, so you may have to manually do it. Also, updating the nvidia gpu doesn't mean you have updated the Intel integrated chip. 2 different GPU's with 2 different drivers.

Also, after looking at output log, I think you may need to verify game cache with steam, or delete and uninstall the game, then reinstall. There may be some files that are either corrupted or missing.

Edited by Otis

I have a similar problem.

My fresh KSP install starts. But it ist frozen. It seems that I cannot interact with the game. But as soon as I click on another window it is showing what I clicked. For example: Main Menu is frozen (but not crashed) I click "start game" nothing happens. I go outside KSP and press anything anywhere (so that KSP is not active anymore) and I go back to KSP the Button was finally pressed. The game is only frozen when it is Active.

I force OpenGL and PopupWindowmode.

EDIT:

If I dont force the popup window it works if i have the launcher settings set to non Fullscreen. But then my KSP is in between my screens ( I have 2). So I switched fullscreen mode on and wham (scientific term) same problem as before.

Edited by Hallebumba

I run with -popupwindow -force-opengl on multi-monitor Win10.

But to get it to work I had to manually edit the resolution in settings.cfg to be sligtly smaller than the desktop resolution om the monitor where the game opens.

For example. My monitor is 2560x1080 so I edited the width to 2558 in settings.cfg.

I run with -popupwindow -force-opengl on multi-monitor Win10.

But to get it to work I had to manually edit the resolution in settings.cfg to be sligtly smaller than the desktop resolution om the monitor where the game opens.

Nice! That worked for me!

Win 10 is running no worse for me than Win 7 did. In terms of drivers we found 85%+ either already made the grade or updated through the upgrade.

I can't speak for ATi but I know NVidia's drivers are marked like live nuclear warheads even though they're perfectly safe and functional. If you don't already have those they're a big step.

Edited by CorporalRutland
Query already answered

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.