Space Ship One with White Knight

Hi !

I`ve made a Space Ship One replica, as well as White Knight.

It flies quite well, but it`s really hard to do everything right.

Unfortunately it`s unmanned, but gives a lot of fun !

It`s best to drop SS One at about 8-9km, over mountains or just behind them, flying towards KSP.

Action Keys :

1 - Rudder Airbrakes - but very weak

2 - Wings flap - deflects up like in real one, but you need to learn how to use it, because it flips craft very easily

5 - Action group for smart parts, do not use

Abort - Decouples SSOne, shuts down motherplane engines, and activates 30second timer for it`s parachutes, so after pressing Abort you can continue flying SSOne, and White Knight will land on parachutes.

lB1HNDS.jpg

ATEVGdS.jpg

BjYUQjO.jpg

ORfTqih.jpg

5JUYGuz.jpg

bY92ptb.jpg

w05Qyod.jpg

J8sxx4B.jpg

4WCACR4.png

Thjonnv.jpg

LaGImPa.jpg

T08UlbC.jpg

0qwNmpL.jpg

eXPBzjg.jpg

uP8MY6l.jpg

0WC89ve.jpg

lYU6wUx.jpg

HDtyYhb.jpg

8ewB6Hg.jpg

Mods required :

- Procedural Parts

- Procedural Wings

- TweakScale

- Realchute

- Novapunch 2 (struts)

- Adjustable landing gear

Craft File : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7ihij3oazg4kig/SpaceShipOne.craft?dl=0

Angorek, I loved this craft so much I decided to reproduce it in my own way (but still using many of your ideas) I don't mean to steal your thunder but on the contrary you inspired me to try and reproduce what you had done. I was curious what is the ceiling of your white knight? I'm having issues with scaled down engines getting above 1,500 - 2,000M which in turn limits Spaceship One's ceiling. Also I was able to get the tilt wing working on mine if you would like the craft I'd be more than happy to share.

(It's not finished but is very close)

screenshot1_zpscjj87trs.png~original

edit:

Wow, I just had a realization.... It's got to be air starvation. I only have two intakes on it and it very quickly looses power as I climb. That must be my issue. I'll ad more intakes when I get home and see if that's my issue. Guess the ceiling of the real plane was 16k meters, with a ceiling of 112K meters for SS1, so that's what I'm aiming to replicate.

Again, Really great work on your replica. the wing design on your SS1 lead me in a whole new direction I hadn't thought of before. Thanks for the great ideas.

Edited by V8jester

Thanks again !

Very nice craft ! I was too lazy to make square wing.. pylons ? I don`t know how it`s called :cool:

I'm having issues with scaled down engines getting above 1,500 - 2,000M which in turn limits Spaceship One's ceiling

I`m using stock, non-scaled turbojets,it flies about 80m/s and climbs very slowly. It reached 7km over the mountains and it seemed to be maximum.

Also I used only a little fuel in SS1, i think something around 25-30%, and it reached 95km. If I hadn`t forgotten to transfer fuel from the nose tank to the tail it would easily reach 120km.

if you would like the craft I'd be more than happy to share.

Yes please !

Ok I think I finished mine :) Dude you rock! Thanks for all the inspiration. So I wound up using more mods in mine so props to you for needing less than I did. I also Think you used fewer parts so mine will be a bit of a memory hog at 150 compared to yours. I Also Cheated with the engines by clipping in a second set of engines so it can climb like crazy now.

Mods Used:

Adjustable Landing Gear

B9

B9 Procedural Wings

Procedural Parts

Tweakscale

Infernal Robotics

IR Rework

KW Rocketry

Mechjeb

Quantum Struts Continued

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xWfykJ5pY_Qjdzay14RzZLa2s/view?usp=sharing

screenshot16_zpsbwimogzd.png~original

screenshot7_zpsvdlimkaw.png~original

Edited by V8jester

Good Job! (My WIP stock SpaceShipTwo replica just keeps falling apart on launch.)

Are you using struts to hold the wings solid to the fuselage? I used several invisible struts between the fuselage and the wings / pylons. B9 has the invisible struts. I would assume nova punch does as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.