IVA Kerbal - how to force a Kerbal in IVA to stand instead of sit

JPLRepo

Hi all,

Been trawling through the forums. Been looking at all the public classes looking for something similar to KerbalEVA class/partmodule but for a kerbal in IVA.

Essentially I want to figure out if it's possible to change the default stance of a kerbal in IVA from sitting to standing?

The Kerbal class only has transforms defined for eye, helmet and head, and I can't figure out how to reference the IVA animiations?

Does anyone have any clues, ideas, or answers?

JPLRepo.

You don't need to reference the animations directly, you just need to either set the Kerbals vessel situation, or Finite Machine State to what you want. Lots of information here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/127278-How-to-force-Kerbals-to-stand-instead-of-float

That ought to get you going.

I don't think any of that information will help. @JPLRepo wants to do IVA animations, but all of the information in that thread is about EVA kerbals.

However, I'm currently working on IVA animations for my KerbalAnimationSuite mod, but it'll be a while until it's working well enough to release.

Yeah thanks,

the EVA kerbal is different as they are vessels and have KerbalEVA part module attached.

im looking at IVA kerbals, which seems vastly different. They exist as a Kerbal, but the FMS is not attached, or not public. The kerbal has animations for their face and arms it would appear and nothing else.

It would appear they only have a sitting state defined. I think I recall long way back reading about how IVAs are only Partially implemented?

I'm not looking to animate them as such. Just change their pose from sitting to standing.

• 1 month later...

Through lots of digging I have dug up and found

a) the IVA Kerbal bones (although others had already found this before)

B) the Unity Animator attached to the IVA kerbal's and their Animation clips (of which there are 58 defined).

c) How to replace the animation clips in IVA, which I have successfully done.

All that is left now is to maybe incorporate into MrHappyFace's Animation Suite (rather than building another one) for IVA kerbal animations and we can create our own IVA animations for kerbals.

In the mean time to change how kerbals behave in IVA you can experiment with green screens and Pizzaoverhead's Free Iva mod it's entertaining to say the least :D

Not really, that Free IVA mod is incompatible with RPM which I use extensively.

Well, provided that you're okay with having separate installs of KSP on your machine you can have a separate green screen save. That's what I do. :P

My issue really is time. I don't really have the time.

I already have about 15 installs of KSP at the moment. :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.