[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

There is no point in having too many people dealing with PMs. You'll get notified by either me or Triston if anyone wants to add anything to the mod.
Just edited my post, we don't need to PM at all. Anyone can edit but the edits must be merged to be seen by other people. I will be on at least once every day to update the sheet.

Hey, if you guys want help,with testing and advertising, i'd be,happy to,assist!

Noted. I'll let you know when there is actually something to test.

To be quite honest, the shouldn't even be a download for this yet. I don't know why Triston felt the need to add a download link.

Noted. I'll let you know when there is actually something to test.

To be quite honest, the shouldn't even be a download for this yet. I don't know why Triston felt the need to add a download link.

I placed down the Missile Row pads, and they function fine so I gave my files to Triston and he packaged everything up.

Really there isn't much of a need to test anything because assuming your stuff has the correct transforms or whatever the launch sites will function fine.

I placed down the Missile Row pads, and they function fine so I gave my files to Triston and he packaged everything up.

Really there isn't much of a need to test anything because assuming your stuff has the correct transforms or whatever the launch sites will function fine.

That is all fine and dandy. There is still no need for a download when only Chris' statics are currently in the download.

Before there is an official release of this mod, Chris' models are still his, and if people want to download them they should do so through him.

There is absolutely no point of having any download for this mod yet, as it is nothing more than a few WIP models as of now.

That is all fine and dandy. There is still no need for a download when only Chris' statics are currently in the download.

Before there is an official release of this mod, Chris' models are still his, and if people want to download them they should do so through him.

There is absolutely no point of having any download for this mod yet, as it is nothing more than a few WIP models as of now.

Have you read my whole thing about the spreadsheet by the way?

I guess you are right about the download though.

Have you read my whole thing about the spreadsheet by the way?

I guess you are right about the download though.

Yes, and the first couple of sentences pretty much sums up what this mod currently has to offer. Chris' models are fantastic, but seeing as this mod aims to bring the entire KSC to life, Chris' models alone is not enough for a pre-release download.

Yes, and the first couple of sentences pretty much sums up what this mod currently has to offer. Chris' models are fantastic, but seeing as this mod aims to bring the entire KSC to life, Chris' models alone is not enough for a pre-release download.

I could remove the download if you want?

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/0/10060383.jpghttp://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/images/content/189050main_wstf0606e04481.jpg

Biggest runway is 4 kms, what should that be for KSP? If you want to see it in Google maps, type in white sands missile range and zoom in very close to the letters and you'll see the runways

64% scale, so 2.5 kilometers.

Maybe put it south of the mountains west of the KSC?

Edited by _Augustus_

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/0/10060383.jpghttp://www.nasa.gov/centers/wstf/images/content/189050main_wstf0606e04481.jpg

Biggest runway is 4 kms, what should that be for KSP? If you want to see it in Google maps, type in white sands missile range and zoom in very close to the letters and you'll see the runways

For RSSRO we will put it exactly where it is located in the real world. For stock KSP, we should add it in the desert, somewhat close to the equator and not anywhere near the Kerbal Space Center. We want these things spread out across Kerbin for stock.

MajorLeague; You just need to make one model, and then we'll rescale it for both stock and RSS later on :)

I'm thinking either on the Equator or only slightly off of it because most people take shuttles to 0 degree inclinations and we don't want to make landing a brick harder than it is. It will probably be in the desert because it has sand. Yes that is my reasoning
I would put it about 1 degree north for a bit of a challenge.

Also as a follow-on I recommend the Buran landing facility in Baikonur, it's pretty much the same thing but for the Buran space shuttle.

Edited by _Augustus_

For RSSRO we will put it exactly where it is located in the real world. For stock KSP, we should add it in the desert, somewhat close to the equator and not anywhere near the Kerbal Space Center. We want these things spread out across Kerbin for stock.

MajorLeague; You just need to make one model, and then we'll rescale it for both stock and RSS later on :)

yes I have the exact locations of each place written down

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.