[1.2.x] [1.4 in Development] Real KSC in KSP Dev Continued

Tristonwilson12

Modern or Historical pads?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Modern/Future or Historical pads first

• Modern/Future
    • Historical

Oh I think I know what it is. I think I put the shuttle cockpit in it during tests, and if you dont have the shuttle interior it will skybok on you. I forgot to remove it.

Can you comment out or delete the 'intetnal' section in the cfg

- - - Updated - - -

Was going to make interior for it for a kerbal to drive. But will fix tonight

Everything is fixed! Thanks!

Ok see ya.

I have been planning...

I will need the right type of launchpad for this, but I intend for the wheels of the crawler to raise and lower on infernal robotics, and make the top pad decouple.

So....

Drive to the launch site.

Decouple the pad.

Lower wheels down.

Pad rests in the launch sites colliders.

Crawler drives away leaving pad in place.

Return to collect the pad after launch. Or push it off into the ocean with the rest of them because lazy.

Profit.

Cool?

Just checking in...... I WANT ARES 1-X that little thing is amazingly a failed idea.. But who cares

It was by no means a failed idea. The constellation project (which would have included Ares-I and Ares V) got cancelled because of Bush :) Budgetary reasons basically. The consept was amazingly simple and also cost-efficient.

I meant the mission.... How the mission failed kinda

There was never a mission, as they never got that far into the development cycle. They had one test flight of Ares I, known as Ares I-X which was very successful. It was a first stage test with dummy 5th segment on the booster and dummy upperstage and capsule. It reached a 25 mile altitude and did a separation test. After that, the project got cancelled. Booo Bush and congress (=

There was never a mission, as they never got that far into the development cycle. They had one test flight of Ares I, known as Ares I-X which was very successful. It was a first stage test with dummy 5th segment on the booster and dummy upperstage and capsule. It reached a 25 mile altitude and did a separation test. After that, the project got cancelled. Booo Bush and congress (=

Lol booo

- - - Updated - - -

So was it basically just to test the SRB??

You do all realize that with the exception of the Ares-1 the SLS program is essentially the Constellation program. Honestly many people are skeptical about the SLS I however really do believe in it. I mean I have had the NASA Kool-Aid hundreds of times over. I am a true fan boy. However the SLS program is essentially the same program. The goal with the SLS is an eventual voyage to Mars. Although cool looking placing a manned capsule on top of a SRB was crazy. I can't honestly imagine sitting on top of a SRB. But the capsule that was supposed to go on top was the Orion and they are way to far into developing that to just cancel it. Constellation=SLS different name with alot of changes, and longer timeline still the same end game with with essentially the same means.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.