Plane rolling when pulling up.

I have noticed this, too, on several of my planes. I think the problem here is drag. Since you're never flying directly forward there is a small offset. And if you pull hard this will get amplified through the drag vector. I guess the real world has similar problems and that's why most wings are never totally flat...

I've had this in a couple designs but not all of them. Not sure what causes it but there's a mod called Pilot Assistant that has a button that will keep the plane level and counter the roll. Works great for my planes that have this issue. Has other cool features too that are handy.

I've had it happen to me and I think it's related to a symmetry issue in the VAB/SPH. Check your left and right rudders by right-clicking on them to see if the settings are the same, sometimes if you remove a wing and replace it using mirror symmetry the rudders get borked (technical term). I think the resolution is to remove the rudders and attach them separately. I've encountered lots of issues with symmetry when designing/building craft, I'm hoping that they will be fixed in the next release.

JR

Lemme guess. You have multiple wing sections. There's a well-documented bug where symmetric part attachments have different stiffnesses, and the flex and twist caused by pitch-up tends to cause uneven deflection in the wings. Try adding more struts between the wing sections and/or install the KJR mod, and see if that helps.

Hi, ive been having the problem of my planes doing rolls when i pull up, its been happening since 1.0.4 Did squad add engine torque or something??

I have the same problem!

Lemme guess. You have multiple wing sections. There's a well-documented bug where symmetric part attachments have different stiffnesses, and the flex and twist caused by pitch-up tends to cause uneven deflection in the wings. Try adding more struts between the wing sections and/or install the KJR mod, and see if that helps.

Wow, this game is so very, very bugged. I think I should stop reading the Forums because the sheer amount of bugs depresses me, even if I personally never hit them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.