Mars One Project

Meetze

Be I the only one who see in this big brother base on mars problems?

1: Its a one-way trip to mars. There see never there family and friends on earth again in real-life, how there will deal with this social problem?

2: What for rules are there? And whats happens to a person who broke the rules?

3: Who go pay this big brother base in mars?

4: Food and drinks are go in a Modified Dragon mars version cargo spacecraft, but is this not very risky and (too) much expensive method?

5: This Big brother mars base is go be used for reality TV show, But are there really humans interesting to watch a lifetime a reality TV show?

I really advise to not read the Mars-one project as a beautiful dream, but skeptical and realistic.

1: Its a one-way trip to mars. There see never there family and friends on earth again in real-life, how there will deal with this social problem?

4: Food and drinks are go in a Modified Dragon mars version cargo spacecraft, but is this not very risky and (too) much expensive method?

5: This Big brother mars base is go be used for reality TV show, But are there really humans interesting to watch a lifetime a reality TV show?

I really advise to not read the Mars-one project as a beautiful dream, but skeptical and realistic.

1. I\'m not sure, exactly, how they\'ll deal with that. Although, they agreed to go, so they\'ll be paying the consequences for it. I wonder if they could use a sort of webchat-type deal, even with the delay between broadcasts.

2. I suppose they could be sent back to Earth for being dealt with. After all, Mars One isn\'t going to be the only thing on Mars if others have their way.

3. The sponsors and suppliers are paying for it, as far as I know. Read - http://mars-one.com/about-mars-one/suppliers

4. The Dragon Capsule has been tested, and while I am no rocket scientist, it seems quite stable and usable. It\'s also quite cheap compared to government models, and its heatshield material alone costs ~10x less to produce.

5. They won\'t be covering the same group of people for a hundred years. Remember, their plan is to build a community on Mars, not a secluded base. This also helps solve 1 and 2, as with a community comes law and order that helps put down such insurrections. Remember, its a community, not a scientific research station (at least not after the first 10-15 years or so).

1. They say that all crew/colonists are allowed unlimited email/communications so i guess that covers it.

2. They don\'t cover this and that i expect that is because they are avoiding the issue

4. They are planning on getting resource production running on planet very quickly, maybe even before the colonists arive.

1. I don\'t know if this is actually a problem. Back in the 1700s plenty of single people went to the new world, never to see their family again. People adapt, as long as their are people around to adapt with.

2. One capsule is a jail? Or, perhaps capital punishment is used for minor crimes. (Not particularly moral, but it would be effective).

3. Big question, is it marketable.

4. This is actually a big issue. It\'s incredibly inefficient to waste grains on alcohol production, especially when there is a limited food supply. I\'d imagine intoxicants used would be other than Alcohol. Marijuana, or other plant based substances come to mind.

5. Soap operas (which run for decades) are fairly popular, I don\'t see a fundamental difference between this and a soap opera.

I\'m sure I\'m not the first to mention this, but I want to spread the word even further.

http://mars-one.com/ links to the homepage of the Mars One project, they plan to have 4 people land on mars in 2023 and have an additional 2 extra colonists arrive every 2 years after that.

They are currently building the rover and lander, which are planned to be sent early during the period of 2016-2018, with the intention to build and prepare the human habitational spaces.

When I read about this, I almost shat myself in excitement; to see that a privatised effort was being made in the advancement of spaceflight and martian exploration, and not just a bit, but A COLONY.

your thoughts?

They apparently plan to fund it through sponsorship. I don\'t really think that\'s feasible, for the amount of money they want; the initial estimate is $6 billion, and we all know what kind of inflation these kind of estimates go through in the space business.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.