Do you consider part clipping cheaty?

xtoro

Is part clipping cheaty?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Is part clipping cheaty?

• Yes absolutely
    • No not at all
    • It's ok if it's only a small percentage of the part

That is also the consensus in any "Is this cheating" thread. It's a single player game, nothing is cheating, nothing at all, even the cheat menu is not cheating.

How can people genuinely believe this?

I don't like when fuel tanks are clipping... i mean fuel is liquid, so is the oxidiser and that means you CANNOT compress them.

But I think clipping, for example, ladders, batteries etc. into fuel tanks is ok. Reducing amount of fuel in the fuel tank just for the realism' sake after something is clipped seems like a good idea. I'll probably start using that.

Thats about what I do. I always take the stance that you cant fit 2 gallons of milk(or any quantity more than 1 gallon for that matter) in a 1 gallon milk jug.

Clipping for aesthetics is probably okay. Clipping in order to make something work, that wouldn't work without clipping, might be cheating. You'll have to use your best judgment.

Edit: and by "work" I mean fly, escape a gravity well, rove, dock, etc... You know, the functional aspects of gameplay.

Only cheaty if you place more resources than stock allows inside the same space. I have no problem if you clip two fuel tanks inside each other, so long as it only has one fuel tanks worth of fuel when it's all said and done.

I don't think it's cheating, but it can be really ugly sometimes so I don't bother.

I also don't know how you would refuel/transfer tanks inside of tanks.

Easy. Slap a strut on the tanks you're gonna rotate inside the other tank. Position it on that tank, so that when you rotate it inside the other tank, it juts out. Now, place fuel lines from the outside tank, to those struts. Boom! Fuel stack from the column is now feeding to your inner engines.

#EDIT: Never mind. I'm thinking of engines inside a fuel tank like my clusters. Me not brain so good today. I might have the dumb.

I use part clipping to make the crafts look better but don't use it to stack things that wouldn't be possible in real life. For example yesterday I clipped aerodynamic nose cone fuel tank and basic jet engines with the wings. Something like this:

DH_106_Comet_Triebwerke.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.