Starlion Industries - KSPI & IFS Compatibility Patches for Fueltanks, Spaceplanes, & more [CKAN]

ABZB

What would you like to see next?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see next?

• Add Mk2 and Mk3 Alcubierre drives as well as other miscellaneous KSPI parts (will take quite some time, need to learn modeling first)
    • Fix unbalanced parts, etc. (please comment what & why)
    • Integrate other part-packs with KSPI (please suggest which one(s))
    • Other

overal thermal efficency = [Reactor Thermpy transportation efficency] ^ [sum of parts modified by ThermalPowerTransport between reactor to thermal nozzle/turbojet]

Example 1: reacor Salt Core, thermal nozzle is sperated from reactor by 2 parts (without ThermalPowerTransport): cost = 0.95 ^ (1 + 1) = 0.95^2 = 0.9025

Example 2: reacor Pebble Bed, thermal nozzle is sperated from reactor by 2 parts (with ThermalPowerTransport): cost = 0.8 ^ (0.5 + 0.5) = 0.8^1 = 0.8

Example 3: reacor BUMBO, thermal nozzle is sperated from reactor by 1 part (with ThermalPowerTransport with thermalcost = 0.1 ): cost = 0.8 ^ (0.1) = 0.8^0.1 = 0.978

Edited by FreeThinker

overal thermal efficency = [Reactor Thermpy transportation efficency] ^ [sum of parts modified by ThermalPowerTransport between reactor to thermal nozzle/turbojet]

Example 1: reacor Pebble Bed, thermal nozzle is sperated by 2 parts (without ThermalPowerTransport): cost = 0.8 ^ (1 + 1) = 0.8^1 = 0.64

Example 2: reacor Pebble Bed, thermal nozzle is sperated to 2 parts (with ThermalPowerTransport): cost = 0.8 ^ (0.5 + 0.5) = 0.8^1 = 0.8

Example 3: reacor Pebble Bed, thermal nozzle is sperated to 1 part (with ThermalPowerTransport with thermalcost = 0.1 ): cost = 0.8 ^ (0.1) = 0.8^0.1 = 0.978

ok, thanks!

Are you using any pre coolers?

Most certainly, although one has to be careful to turn off the little .2 atm intake on the Rontgen, since it's not cooled and will overheat the engine.

I used the little TTJ on the belly in conjunction with the Rontgen (both on Atmo), and the baby stayed at low temp while the Rontgen went critical. I'm going to dig around in the cfgs to see if I can figure out why. I usually pull 2,000 m/s before I run that baby out, but without the cooling it'll overheat before I get there, so I'm burning way more fuel than I should.

Well, as I've admitted before, I'm not much of a coder, and certainly when looking at things that are as different as the code that is in KSPI and the code in the Mk2 expansion, I'm not finding anything right out of the gate. They don't even use the same module type, as one is using the ModuleEngines, and the other is ModuleEnginesFX. There was an extra heatMultiplier in there, but that didn't do anything. I also was unable to find anything in the git commits. I hate being so bad at fixing these issues, but I kinda want to fly some spaceplanes too, so I might just try to make it to a station and refuel there. Maybe Sunday if it hasn't been figured out, I'll spend some time on it after I mow the lawn and do other required man-duties around the house.

Thanks guys!

@ABZB I looked download over time and it looks like a mess. I think you need to do something with all those old download. I'm puzzled why people still download them. I would recommend you delete them to prevent confusion

- - - Updated - - -

Well, as I've admitted before, I'm not much of a coder, and certainly when looking at things that are as different as the code that is in KSPI and the code in the Mk2 expansion, I'm not finding anything right out of the gate. They don't even use the same module type, as one is using the ModuleEngines, and the other is ModuleEnginesFX. There was an extra heatMultiplier in there, but that didn't do anything. I also was unable to find anything in the git commits. I hate being so bad at fixing these issues, but I kinda want to fly some spaceplanes too, so I might just try to make it to a station and refuel there. Maybe Sunday if it hasn't been figured out, I'll spend some time on it after I mow the lawn and do other required man-duties around the house.

Thanks guys!

KSPI can work with either ModuleEnginesFX or ModuleEngines. The only difference is that ModuleEnginesFX contains some automated graphics features, but the main functionality is ModuleEngines

Edited by FreeThinker

@ABZB I looked download over time and it looks like a mess. I think you need to do something with all those old download. I'm puzzled why people still download them. I would recommend you delete them to prevent confusion

Huh. Humans. I'll take down the old versions (all versions will remain available on Github, though)

I think there's an issue in the CFG for the Mk2 Capacitor which causes issues/conflict with KSPI itself... The research tree is now stuck in a loop, I can't research the regular capacitor anymore, if I pay for the research cost, it is marked as owned, but then if I go back, it no longer is owned. In the VAB and SPH, existing ships which had the regular supercap installed are now using the Mk2 supercap mesh instead... Looking at the Parts/Capacitor_MK2/part.cfg file I see that you redeclare the KspiCapacitor250 ... this shouldn't be this way I think.

Did a test: You need to change the 4th line from

name = KspiCapacitor250 --> name = KspiCapacitorMk2

and that deals with it. :)

Edited by Cairan

Notice that super capacitators, in contrast to reactors, which must be round for obvious reasons, can technically be cramed into any left over space. So instead of artificaly increase the power output of reactors in Mk2 parts, the left over space in mk2 could instead realsiticly be used for spare Super capacitators and batteries

Edited by FreeThinker

Notice that super capacitators, in contrast to reactors, which must be round for obvious reasons, can technically be cramed into any left over space. So instead of artificaly increase the power output of reactors in Mk2 parts, the left over space in mk2 could instead realsiticly be used for spare Super capacitators and batteries

Indeed ... A Mk2 fusion reactor could have non-cylindrical space filled with supercaps for restart, and Mk2 fission reactors filled with tank space for propellant or nuclear fuel.

Where did all the downloads go? This mod used to receive lot's of downloads, but after the cleanup it now being downloaded much frequent. Any explanations?

Not sure which way you're asking. If you mean that the download rate dropped, I would guess midterms, maybe? I myself have had very little time on KSP the last few week, I've been [non-midterm-related] unusually busy myself.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Just finished modding out my KSP for the new version, and it catches while loading on "Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/Reactor/part/M2X_Generator_CP", the mk2 mod author SuicidalInsanity says that this is a part added by the KSPI integration patch (Which I'm pretty sure is this), and to ask over here to see if you might know whats up. Any idea why it might be catching there?

I'm not sure where/how to upload an output_log, so if you need that, let me know and preferably include the information of where/how. :) Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Tested and confirmed that without the Integration patch it loads to menu fine. (Probably should have done that BEFORE posting, oh well..)

Edited by NoahAldritt

So, Just finished modding out my KSP for the new version, and it catches while loading on "Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/Reactor/part/M2X_Generator_CP", the mk2 mod author SuicidalInsanity says that this is a part added by the KSPI integration patch (Which I'm pretty sure is this), and to ask over here to see if you might know whats up. Any idea why it might be catching there?

I'm not sure where/how to upload an output_log, so if you need that, let me know and preferably include the information of where/how. :) Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Tested and confirmed that without the Integration patch it loads to menu fine. (Probably should have done that BEFORE posting, oh well..)

If you could upload your log file (I need the one from the root folder) to your dropbox and PM or post the link, that would be easiest. Alternately, if you Ctrl+f for:

ERROR

in that log file, and find the chunk of lines where the file path is mine (i.e. [whatever]/StarlionIndustries/[etc.], and copy and paste all or a few of those lines, and either post them here or PM them to me.

Basically, there is some thing that my patch is doing based on your exact setup that is wrong (there are many possible combinations that it tries to account for, there is likely something I missed). Once I know exactly what property it is trying to write when it hangs up, I can trace back what is going on.

If you could upload your log file (I need the one from the root folder) to your dropbox and PM or post the link, that would be easiest. Alternately, if you Ctrl+f for:

ERROR

in that log file, and find the chunk of lines where the file path is mine (i.e. [whatever]/StarlionIndustries/[etc.], and copy and paste all or a few of those lines, and either post them here or PM them to me.

Basically, there is some thing that my patch is doing based on your exact setup that is wrong (there are many possible combinations that it tries to account for, there is likely something I missed). Once I know exactly what property it is trying to write when it hangs up, I can trace back what is going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt3ci154oa150t6/KSP.log?dl=0 I think this is the right log file? Anything else you need lemme know (Sorry the reply took so long.. WAs making dinner and had to re-insall the mod and relaunch kerbal to get the log file updated), left it sitting at the stop point for a minute or three as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt3ci154oa150t6/KSP.log?dl=0 I think this is the right log file? Anything else you need lemme know (Sorry the reply took so long.. WAs making dinner and had to re-insall the mod and relaunch kerbal to get the log file updated), left it sitting at the stop point for a minute or three as well.

Perfect. I will look into this. Also, 1.0.5 is out, and I did not back up my 1.0.4 before Steam installed it, so I will be unable to properly test things here until the mods I depend on update to functionality.

New version

8.6.0 Perfectly Ultimate Great Main Sequence Panthera leo

Mk3 KSPI Engines initial release (requires latest Mk3 pre-release for MK3 engines)

- Reduced Plasma Thruster (MPD) max power, was too high

- Corrected RealFuels thrust values for Mk3 engines

- Mk3 Plasma thruster

- MK3 VASIMR Thruster

Other engines to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking through your log file, it looks like you don't have RealFuels installed, but somewhere you have a cfg file with "FOR[RealFuels]", so ModuleManager patches that check for it think that you have it installed. I don't know if that is the only problem. Looking at the list of installed mods, they are all available off of CKAN (I think). I would recommend backing up your gamedata folder (to a zip file) and re-download and install all of your mods (one reason for the zip is that for the ones with internal settings files, you can go back and Copy-paste your settings right back in). That should get rid of that, at least, if not everything else. I recommend CKAN, as that makes it easier (if you do not already use it).

CKAN still thinks RealFuels conflicts with IFS (I think). What I have done is install everything else including the dependencies of Realfuels, using CKAN, and then I did a regular download & install of Realfuels (its dependencies are managed by the same who does RealFuels, and they update in tandem, so I know when to check).

That...is really weird. RealFuels is one of the first things I installed when i was modding my install out..I'll give a shot at re-installing it and seeing if that works with my 1.0.4 save..

Edit: Reinstalled RealFuels and the patch, still stops at the same place :(

SubEdit: So, in all my meticulous modding, I completely derped and forgot to grab the RealFuels engine configs -_-

SubSubEdit: Reinstalling RealFuels with the engine configs it still pauses on the same file (Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/Rector/part/M2X_Generator_CP), Not sure why :( Guess I'll just dump realfuels out entirely, see if that works to let me run the patch. (Then comes figuring out why realfuels wont work right O.o)

Subx3Edit: Well, Failed to launch with patch but without realfuels, and It launched fine with realfuels but no patch, and t launches fine without realfuels and no patch. whenever this patch gets involved it stops at that file. D: I got nothin. Guess I'll take your advice and do a test install, put this near the start of the install list and do a test launch after each addition till I find which mod is actually causing the problem. Bleh.

Edited by NoahAldritt

That...is really weird. RealFuels is one of the first things I installed when i was modding my install out..I'll give a shot at re-installing it and seeing if that works with my 1.0.4 save..

Edit: Reinstalled RealFuels and the patch, still stops at the same place :(

SubEdit: So, in all my meticulous modding, I completely derped and forgot to grab the RealFuels engine configs -_-

SubSubEdit: Reinstalling RealFuels with the engine configs it still pauses on the same file (Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/Rector/part/M2X_Generator_CP), Not sure why :( Guess I'll just dump realfuels out entirely, see if that works to let me run the patch. (Then comes figuring out why realfuels wont work right O.o)

Subx3Edit: Well, Failed to launch with patch but without realfuels, and It launched fine with realfuels but no patch, and t launches fine without realfuels and no patch. whenever this patch gets involved it stops at that file. D: I got nothin. Guess I'll take your advice and do a test install, put this near the start of the install list and do a test launch after each addition till I find which mod is actually causing the problem. Bleh.

I know - that's the worst!

- - - Updated - - -

Version 8.7.0_Perfectly_Ultimate_Great_SuperGiant_Felis

- deprecated my stopgap precooler (category none for now)

- added patch to add KSPI's precooler module to the mk2 part packs new precooler part

Update to the new Mk2 Expansion pack first!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been able to get any version after 8.5 from CKAN? The new metadata was autogenerated as always, & ckan sees the 8.71 release, but it is not offering to update...

EDIT:

I uninstalled (version 8.5), then installed (both via CKAN), it installed the latest one. no idea why. Edited by ABZB

• 2 weeks later...

ABZB - I'm having trouble lately in my science career getting any of your Mk2 KSPI engines to actually attach properly to a craft in VAB/SPH.  the other parts are fine, it's just the engines.  anyone else seen this?  Reproduce by placing a mk2 cockpit and then try to add any of the mk2 KSPI engines.  it won't attach right and then it'll act like the unattached engine is part of the craft - can't be individually selected, either, and you have to click 'new' or leave the VAB/SPH to reset it.  I know I used these before, even in 1.0.5, so I'm not sure when/what broke it, but... only the engines.

Using 8.7.1 from CKAN; even though CKAN seems to think it's only for 1.0.4, which is weird, not sure why CKAN is even showing it to me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.