Tell about your biggest fails

chrislo27

As i approached the mun on a crash trajectory, I released my fairings to prepare my landing stage for decent.

As they flew away i saw that there was nothing inside except for a pod...

...I forgot to build the lander...

As i approached the mun on a crash trajectory, I released my fairings to prepare my landing stage for decent.

As they flew away i saw that there was nothing inside except for a pod...

...I forgot to build the lander...

At least they got to the mun ;)

As for me? I manually got six or seven rockets into orbit before discovering what the \'\'T\'\' button does.

As for me? I manually got six or seven rockets into orbit before discovering what the \'\'T\'\' button does.

So you held 'F' all the time? ???

No, i had no idea how to get SAS on whatsoever, i manually corrected the rocket to face straight up all the way to orbit.

My god, the horror you must have went through..

While descending on the Mun I forgot I smoothed out my stages so I double tapped space and ejected the lander leaving with just the CM to crash into the surface below.

I have one satellite in keostationary orbit. On my most recent orbit I spent longer than I\'m proud of trying to do a Trans-Munar Injection with it, thinking it\'s orbit was the Mun..

I ran out of fuel before I realised my error. :-[

Heh, when the game was first made public the 'T' key was left out of the tutorial so for the first few weeks the game was out I did that as well

I dislike leaving crap in orbit so I tend to get my stages to smash into things after I let them go.

I was trying to land a new module next to my Munar colony, and used MechJeb to get the landing lined up by clicking on the map. The rocket started its braking burns and when I was getting close, I let the last stage go leaving just the lander.

I then watched in horror as the stage soared through the inky vacuum of the Mun and smashed directly into my colony, exploding the entire thing.

id have to say...Biggest fail had to be about 30,000 meters up...i was sailing along at about 1600M/s and was redlining the engines trying to get orbit....little did i know that a little extra height would spell my doom....around 35,000 i suddenly see this little wingy bit go flying off....im just sitting there like 'ok..im high enough im good'

of course little did i know that wingy bit was my radial mounted Mechjeb -___-.....

The ensuing crash of about 50 boosters, 40 engines, and several thousand tons of fuel probably set me off as a kerbal terrorist...... ->_<-

Wouldn\'t it take less d/v to get to Keostationary altitude than to go to the Mun?

Yeah it does. However, I spent quite a while wasting fuel trying to intersect the satellites SOI until I ran out. :P

On my first Munar landing attempt, I tried using parachutes, thinking that the smoke from crashed debris below me would slow me down. Plus, I did not know how to slow down, so I had to burn TOWARDS the Mun to get in a landing trajectory. I hit at 2,000 m/h. Did not even orbit; I used direct ascent to get there.

On my first Munar landing attempt, I tried using parachutes, thinking that the smoke from crashed debris below me would slow me down. Plus, I did not know how to slow down, so I had to burn TOWARDS the Mun to get in a landing trajectory. I hit at 2,000 m/h. Did not even orbit; I used direct ascent to get there.

Ehm, how can there be smoke when there be no air? ???

Ehm, how can there be smoke when there be no air? ???

Combustion can occur from the oxidiser that is mixed with the propellant, smoke still hangs around in a vacuum. Although, due to the extreme lack of air pressure, I\'m don\'t think it stays together for that long..

I was trying to get closer to the Mun Arch by doing a hop from a nearby base collection of broken landers. I set MechJeb to land me, and from the looks of the trajectory is was going to make it... when MechJeb\'s braking burn set me down on a very steep hill. >_<

When I first got the game I had no idea how to fly a rocket, and I would launch straight up until i was at the height I wanted, then I would burn straight sideways. I couldn\'t figure out why I never orbited at the altitude I wanted for at least a week.

One time I was performing a rescue for a stranded space plane in orbit. I stuck a Damned Robotics claw on the top and when I approached my spaceplane I closed my claw too hard and blow up both ships somehow.

I learned my lesson. That claw is strong! ;P

I was flying a brilliant aircraft until the top mounted fuel tank was decoupled and took the engines off but that is nothing comparing to me crash landing a plane in the water and it became a jet powered boat :D :D :D :D :D :D until the fuel ran out 8)

2012-03-15_00004.jpg

I was so proud of myself for making this. It took me 5 minutes total just to order the stages correctly.

Little did I realize that the launch tower has a ledge.

I did not notice the small explosion, considering that I had a number of smaller parts which were designed to decouple and explode after launch (I was using them to keep the lowermost SRBs from disconnecting from the weight of the ship above it.)

All I knew was that just after clearing the tower, it nosedived over it in a very large explosion. So I naturally decided to see if the AR202 Ascent Autopilot could help me.

Turns out, I was using the wrong version of AR202 for the version of KSP I had at the time. This caused it to launch all the stages at once. Jeb thought it was very pretty though... half a millisecond before his rather untimely death.

It took me a total of 35 launches to realize it was the launch tower impeding my attempts at space.