Tell about your biggest fails

chrislo27

Forgetting that those helpful numbers at the top of the screen display elevation above sea level and not ground. There are some hills and mountains with new crater-like features added to them.

And yes, I like to play landings close to the belt. Deploying chutes at 5km is for kerbals named Bob. (Best minimum altitude for deployment so far that I can determine is at 150m.)

At least they got to the mun ;)

As for me? I manually got six or seven rockets into orbit before discovering what the \'\'T\'\' button does.

In the Mun is probably more correct. Lawn dart!

Made a very large plane, i mean HUGE, i flew over some mountains behind the runway, landed, no crashing, then i took off, was heading back and got bored, so i was dive bombing towards the ground and pulling up at the last second, and around the 5th time i did that, the entire right side of wings ripped off and i barrel rolled into the ground at high speeds. Heres the Kerbs expressions when it asploded!--> :D :D :D

That moment when you realize you forgot landing legs on your munar lander. They never did make it home.

One time, I left the moons orbit with tons of fuel, Exited the moons SOI, got recaptured into the moons SOI, Burned AWAY from the moon to prevent re-orbit again, got in a Kerbin escape trajectory, got worried and tried to retro burn, ran out of fuel, hit spacebar to separate to the next stage with more fuel, had an autosave lag spike and hit space twice thinking that the first hit didn\'t get recognized, both stages sperated, and now my poor kerbals are forever orbiting the sun :(

On one of my first successful Mun missions, I got all the way back to Kerbin orbit... and jettisoned the service module ([space]) rather than firing the retros ([LShift], or possibly RCS).

They\'d still be up there, if Jeb hadn\'t gone up himself to 'nudge' them down.

Dat time when I smashed a lander on the mun. The crew were stranded, so I decided to launch a rescue mission, and then halfway through the trip to the mun I decided to abandon the rescue mission and just landed them on the mun. Then I decided to start the rescue mission again, and I made it to the stranded crew\'s location... and the fuel ran out about half a minute before landing.

Boom.

No more rescue mission .

I don\'t know if it was a fail, or a win. I got bored on my computer and decided to check on my brother. As it turns out, he was building an anti-debris missile to take out the stages from his Mun missions. He went to go take his shower and I hopped on his computer and launched that sucker on a direct collusion course with the Mun. T\'was amazing. 8)

I built a powerful jetplane with huge wings above my tiny little orbiting spaceplane. Turns out it was too heavy. The entire lower spaceplane which had the command module was crushed, although maybe a control surface or two survived. The upper jetplane? Undamaged. Not sure if that\'s a win for my jetplane engineering or a fail for my spaceplane engineering.

Sadly, I forgot to save it, and I didn\'t take any screenshots.

My first mission to the Mun was successful, but I didn\'t have enough fuel to return so they just sat there patiently.

My second was a rescue mission, which I managed to get a little under 2 hundred metres away from the first landing site before it partially crashed and THAT crew got stranded.

The third suffered similar results to the second...

The fourth landed dead next the the debris of the second, but didn\'t have enough fuel to return.

And the fifth was completely successful! I landed on the Mun\'s surface with plenty of fuel to return home, somehow stuffed a total of 15 kerbals into the one, cramped command module and jumped jetted away into the air... then promptly, accidentally decoupled the command module from the engines and sailed back down...

Damn, mission six: you\'re up.

One of my biggest fails is when I was trying to land on the moon, but I discovered I was going to get slingshotted through its orbit. I then engaged my rocket pointing at the moon and before long I was heading down to land. After that I crashed int the moon at an alarming speed

One of my biggest fails is when I was trying to land on the moon, but I discovered I was going to get slingshotted through its orbit. I then engaged my rocket pointing at the moon and before long I was heading down to land. After that I crashed int the moon at an alarming speed

You should have done a retro burn instead :P

Aimed for munar injection, Got sun orbit . Burnt all my fuel trying to correct it. Current calculations show it will take over 12 million kerbal years for the ship to come into contact with kerbin. Hopefully whenever they add new planets, One of them will be easier to crash into with nothing but half a tank of RCS.

After some succesful mun landings I decided to fly back home. When I entered the atmosphere the game saved and I decided to surf a bit because it took a while. I forgot I was going at 3km/s and when I looked back at the game after a minute it already crashed.

Also this.

Landed quite a big rocket for my standards

ksp2012060619310903.jpg

With wheels ofcourse

ksp2012060619311352.jpg

Normally I just play around with crashed pods with the claw but I wasn\'t able to land anywhere near one so I decided to see how fast I could drive.

ksp2012060619321494.jpg

Then this happens.

ksp2012060619325587.jpg

scaled.php?server=39&filename=ksp2012060619330052.jpg&res=landing

Holding F the first few days of playing.... my fingers hurt...

Other than that, no real 'fails' have happened other than ones I truly knew were going to happen. One time I tried slowly flying/landing my Yamato cruiser into the vab.

The port hull ripped off following with the second bridge getting annihilated, where the 'gratispa' was. I fell. Kind of boom.