Volkswagen Type 2 Microbus Replica with Amphibious Assault Craft for island hopping vacations!

The KerbalWagen project aims to bring joy through mobility to the masses. Previously released, was the KerbalWagen Type 1 GTE and Spyder convertible that are so compact, you could strap them on a rocket and bring them to the Mun. *

* Advertising claim to be tested at future date

SLvZoEB.jpg

We continue our campaign of spreading peace, love and joy to the world with the station wagon that both the smallest and biggest in its class - based on efficient compact design and zero-emissions technology the Type 2 Microbus promises clean, easy motoring for up to 8 Kerbals in its standard configuration. With the modular bench seating removed, the Microbus transforms into a spacious cargo van.

An improved suspension system allows for brisk off-road travel without the need to invest in expensive and hard-riding oversized reinforced wheels.

Gone too, are the restrictive lines of a coupe roofline - the Bus has an airy interior with a central skylight, large windows and two automated side doors that promise a fresh breeze and a pleasant atmosphere.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download yours today from KerbalX!

http://kerbalx.com/crafts/4648

----------------------------------------

Update: 27 Aug 2015

Contributed by Castille7 and engineered to perfection by yours truly, the Type 2 Amphibious Assault Craft adds island-hopping expeditions and full out D-Day style invasions to your campaign of spreading peace, love and joy across the seven seas!

Download the Type 2 Amphibious Assault Craft here

Edited by pandoras kitten

Now download BD armory and shot it with a 105mm howitzer

wz4n518.png

Make tanks, not buses!

(Not serious. I wouldn´t like to miss such a great build!)

Edited by Kerdinand

I feel like the solar panels should be flipped 180 degrees, or you should have used different parts. Other than that it looks good. :)

True that, but I thought having functional solar panels on wheel arches would be an interesting touch, seeing as it is an electric vehicle. They can be easily flipped over with angle snap mode if you so desire, though.

I really can't get used to this peace thing.

Then have the Mad Max version:

vi2kZiR.jpg

WAaolM6.jpg

Still not anywhere near happy with the way it looks, though, especially the rocket launchers and the rear. The kerbals in the doors might get some kind of weapon at some point.

Then have the Mad Max version:

http://i.imgur.com/vi2kZiR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WAaolM6.jpg

Still not anywhere near happy with the way it looks, though, especially the rocket launchers and the rear. The kerbals in the doors might get some kind of weapon at some point.

I've got the hover version:

cW859q1.png

Next step: HOVERMADMAX!

Omg you guys are awesome.

That's a really creative way to test the suspension, its not unlike real world proving grounds.

That Mad Max build is looking good! The faux big block shoehorned into the back is so funny. It just needs more spikes, wheel armor and the mark of the Immortan Joe before setting out across the post apocalyptic wasteland.

As a side bonus I believe the Bus is airworthy. Most of the body is built with airfoils for weight saving, and jump tests exhibited a peculiar ability to stabilise itself in mid air.

I'm thinking a few test launches atop an SRB is in order. What kind of engines are used in the hover version? Top Gear would go bonkers over a HoverVan if Clarkson's gang were still in business!

Although I just started the work week over here I'll definitely love to play with these incredible modded machines and maybe, we can lay down the framework for a Kerbal car show!

I'm thinking if we make a space version, a space bus could have some chance in Spacecraft Fridays, at least as a flying rover for low gravity environments.

Jebediah just got Vacation time and taking his new Amphibious-Wagon-Ferry for a trip to the Island for the weekend!

The original plan was to decouple at the beach and roll off the Ferry, it would need a little tweak to do it.

Craft File Here

You can got with Jebediah and take some friends too, gotta show the Love!

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/Z0oCpOa.png' alt='Z0oCpOa.png'>

WheOZWa.png

lMhccWh.png

2eshTWv.png

Edited by castille7
Added the Craft File

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.