Dunmanifestin - The construction of my FPS Killing space station.

I would like to introduce you to The Dunmanifestin. It's my first real attempt at a massive space station, and it's 100% stock.

It's 915t, over 1200 parts, and has a crew capacity of 320. Each central arm has docking for whatever craft. The upper ring has 6 asteroid processing facilities, the lower ring has 6 runabouts that can make it to the Mün and back with 4 crew and theoretically should be able to land and take off from Minmus. I'll add a link to the sketchfab just as soon as I can.

20742559739_3f800014cd_b.jpg

The full gallery can be viewed here, with comments:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96136597@N05/albums/72157657422055160

Link to the SketchFab model so it can be viewed in glorious 3D:

https://sketchfab.com/models/a64a2d532f974c988269ad4d43491fd1

Link to the craft file:

https://app.box.com/s/o58lttge6t631megjqrqhpjnjy3lxofd

Edited by Runescope
Links to 3D Model & Craft file added

what's with the 'roids at the beginning?

You should have read the comments of the pictures. All would have been explained. :)

In a nutshell, I was laying out why I built the monstrosity. I thought my previous station for processing asteroids was great, until I docked my SSTO to it and realized how small and puny it was.

Sooo what's your FPS then?

My FPS by the end was around 1. Yeah. I can't wait for the update so I can use the 64 version. lol

You should have read the comments of the pictures. All would have been explained. :)

In a nutshell, I was laying out why I built the monstrosity. I thought my previous station for processing asteroids was great, until I docked my SSTO to it and realized how small and puny it was.

My FPS by the end was around 1. Yeah. I can't wait for the update so I can use the 64 version. lol

64bit won't change your FPS, hopefully the physics improvements in unity5 will.

64bit won't change your FPS, hopefully the physics improvements in unity5 will.

Oh, I thought that the 64 version would allow higher uses of RAM. Right now it's only using 1GB of RAM, and I have 16 available. I figured that was the limitation.

Oh, I thought that the 64 version would allow higher uses of RAM. Right now it's only using 1GB of RAM, and I have 16 available. I figured that was the limitation.

Your install of KSP only uses 1gb?

V1.1 will allow for more RAM usage, and hopefully some FPS improvements too.

Edited by Majorjim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.