The Airliner Showcase Thread

ZodiaK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you ever had a need to transport 26 Kerbals from one continent to another all at once? No?

Well, neither have I. But just in case Jeb decides he wants to celebrate his birthday at KSC2, you can now take the whole Kerbal gang along for the ride!

Introducing the Kerdonnell-Douglas KD-80 series, the latest in T-tail, rear-fuselage mounted engine goodness from Kerdonnell-Douglas!

screenshot46.png

This craft flies quite well, has easy intercontinental capability and a max cruising altitude of 9500m (about 40,000 ft if you convert the scale height to Earth numbers, quite respectable). In addition to the pilot and co-pilot, you can have 24 passengers in this first-class-only configuration, each kerbal having nearly more than an entire seat's worth of extra legroom and tons of head and shoulder space. Even your fattest scientists will enjoy flying in this paradise.

screenshot48.png

Flying this bird is easy; set flaps 30 (press 1) and throttle up. Fully loaded, V1 is at 58 m/s. V2 is untested but estimated at 75 m/s. V3 is 70 m/s, so lift your flaps and take off into the wild blue yonder.

Stalls are very gradual and the nose drops naturally, recovering the stall. It's hard to crash this aircraft!

screenshot49.png

screenshot51.png

See your local Kerdonnell-Douglas dealer today! Starting at only 51,091 fully fueled and ready for takeoff, these planes are a steal! (please do not steal our planes)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On February 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM, hansi900 said:

Boeing 737-200F, not really an airliner because its a freighter but it can be converted into an airliner if i want toAGkqfP8.png

What mod did you use for the cockpit?

edit: spelling

Edited by HiAmerica

• 2 weeks later...
On December 5, 2015 at 9:41 PM, YargJay9991 said:

Here's my latest creation. I think it's pretty cool. Maybe not an airliner, but it is designed to transport passengers.

259Gt.png

259GE.png

Click HERE for more info and more pics.

What did you use to make those pics (derp:P)

10 hours ago, HiAmerica said:

What did you use to make those pics (derp:P)

I used Photoshop CC for those ones. I basically cut out the plane from three different screenies and composed it all together for that second one. They actually took me a while to put together. :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

16 minutes ago, chadgaskerman said:

When it says 4 engines

where are the other 2? 

The other two are hidden on the bottom of the fuselage the at the trailing edge of the wing. It needed the extra two so it wouldn't pitch down so much and it needed the extra punch to get it up to speed.

On September 4, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Jon144 said:

beNuUns.jpg

I converted a B-52 into a shuttle carrier. An airliner for a select few I guess... Not really a commercial airliner xD

That's awesome...

try making that weird russian SCA, not the an-225, it had twin tails and rly low wings, sometimes it had a big bubble on top for holding things, i think it was a turboprop. Here, have a pic. It's called the Myasischev VM-T Atlant/Bison

vmt-grand.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.